cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding sharing the screen

Tharuki
Listener

Dear all,

I wanted to share my screen but only got the 'screen' option showing the zoom application. Even though I had other apps open I didn't get the option to share any of them. 

Any ideas as to why this happened?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RachelGomez123
Participant

Ways to Fix Zoom Screen Sharing Issues
1. Update Zoom
Did you know that you can fix many technical glitches and bugs simply by installing the latest Zoom version on your machine? If you’re running an old Zoom app version, certain features may not work properly, and this includes screen sharing.

-Click on your profile picture and select Check for updates to check if there’s a newer Zoom version available for download.

-check for updates zoom settings
-Edit Your Zoom Screen Sharing Settings
-Setting a lower frames-per-second value when sharing your screen may solve this issue.

-Launch Zoom and click on your profile picture.
-Then go to Settings and select Share Screen.
-Tick the checkbox that says Enable the remote control of all applications.zoom enable remote control of all applications
-Then click on the Advanced button and keep the frames-per-second value below 10.zoom share screen FPS settings
-Save the settings and check the results.
-If you’re on a low-bandwidth network, setting your screen share FPS to a lower value will improve the connection. If -Zoom uses too much CPU to support a smooth video stream, the OS might limit or block certain app features, such as the screen sharing option. Reduce the FPS, and this should keep the CPU use in check.

2. Allow Zoom to Use Your Mic and Camera
If you prevent Zoom from accessing your microphone and camera, this might also break additional app features such as the ability to share your screen.

-Go to Settings and select Privacy.
-On the left-hand pane, right under App permissions, click Camera.
-Turn on the following two options: Allow access to the camera on this device, and Allow apps to access your camera.
-Go to Allow desktop apps to access your camera and make sure Zoom is on the list.allow zoom desktop app to access camera windows 10
-Now, do the same for your mic. Ensure Zoom can access and use both your camera and mic. Check if you can share your screen now.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

drDousa
Listener

You did enable 'screen sharing' in your setting, I presume?

Screen sharing is enabled. I can share my screen but the option to choose the app that I want to share is not available even though I have those apps open. 

RachelGomez123
Participant

Ways to Fix Zoom Screen Sharing Issues
1. Update Zoom
Did you know that you can fix many technical glitches and bugs simply by installing the latest Zoom version on your machine? If you’re running an old Zoom app version, certain features may not work properly, and this includes screen sharing.

-Click on your profile picture and select Check for updates to check if there’s a newer Zoom version available for download.

-check for updates zoom settings
-Edit Your Zoom Screen Sharing Settings
-Setting a lower frames-per-second value when sharing your screen may solve this issue.

-Launch Zoom and click on your profile picture.
-Then go to Settings and select Share Screen.
-Tick the checkbox that says Enable the remote control of all applications.zoom enable remote control of all applications
-Then click on the Advanced button and keep the frames-per-second value below 10.zoom share screen FPS settings
-Save the settings and check the results.
-If you’re on a low-bandwidth network, setting your screen share FPS to a lower value will improve the connection. If -Zoom uses too much CPU to support a smooth video stream, the OS might limit or block certain app features, such as the screen sharing option. Reduce the FPS, and this should keep the CPU use in check.

2. Allow Zoom to Use Your Mic and Camera
If you prevent Zoom from accessing your microphone and camera, this might also break additional app features such as the ability to share your screen.

-Go to Settings and select Privacy.
-On the left-hand pane, right under App permissions, click Camera.
-Turn on the following two options: Allow access to the camera on this device, and Allow apps to access your camera.
-Go to Allow desktop apps to access your camera and make sure Zoom is on the list.allow zoom desktop app to access camera windows 10
-Now, do the same for your mic. Ensure Zoom can access and use both your camera and mic. Check if you can share your screen now.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

Tharuki
Listener

Thank you so much! I followed the instructions and it works fine now.