cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to "Freeze" Fellow Participants' Video Tile locations for Recurring Meetings?

Kelly32541
Listener

I regularly attend multiple, recurring meetings each week with many of the same participants week after week.

I frequently prefer to manually move my acquaintances video tiles to my first screen so I can see them during the meeting because the meetings often have hundreds in attendance.

This works adequately as long as the ability to move people isn't interrupted, such as when the meeting organizer uses the spotlight feature OR when someone raises their hand.  It would be nice if there were a feature that attendees could use to sort fellow attendees onto their first page more easily and quickly, better yet... automatically.

Does such a method already exist?

Of note, I am not the organizer, but am merely a participant. TIA

1 REPLY 1

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Kelly.

Actually yes, it does exist. You are looking for the custom gallery view feature:

When in Gallery view, you can click and drag videos to create a custom video order. After the first change, all other participant tiles will remain in place until moved. New participants will be added to the bottom-right, on the last page if multiple exists. Your custom order will be seen only by you, or the host can deploy their custom view to all participants. This order can be released and the order will revert to the default.

If you want to use this specific order of video participants, it can be saved for use in later meetings of this series. The meeting can be part of a recurring series, or just used again. 

You can use it, as long as you have Zoom version 5.14.0 or above.

For more information, please consult:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4413866054285-Setting-a-custom-gallery-view-order- 

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz