cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a meeting if only one party has zoom?

Marina45
Listener

Hello, I was supposed to have an in person meeting but due to pandemic I was told the meeting is going to be via zoom. My question - I do NOT have zoom and it looks too expensive for me to get it. Can the other person who has zoom invite me and have a meeting with me? Thanks so much for your help,

Marina

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

You don't need a paid license to be a participant in a Zoom meeting. You don't even need the software installed if you're on a computer, you can join from the web browser. You will need to install the app if you want to join from a mobile device. 

Thank you very much, I appreciate it,

Marina

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Zoom is accessible to anyone who wishes to have an account. You do not have to pay for an account. Please go to zoom.us/signup to sign up for an account if you wish to. You do not have to have a Zoom account to join someone in a meeting to answer your question. Just click on the join link (URL) from the person sending it to you, and you can join the meeting through the web browser you are utilizing. I recommend that you download the software at Zoom.us/download so that the functionality of Zoom will work better for you. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you Brandon, that was really helpful,

Marina

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the community!
If the solution that I have provided works for you, please click on the "Accepted as Solution" button in the bottom right corner.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?