cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to arrange meetings between 3rd parties with Zoom?

Jarmo
Listener

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Zoom can provide a service where you can arrange meetings between people from outside of your company without you needing to be on the call?

We often are involved in large projects with lots of stakeholders, and it would be incredibly useful if our Project Managers could arrange online meetings for the right people to speak to each other, however we don't seem to be able to do it without us needing to be present on the call.

Is there a way of achieving this through a company account?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Jarmo, just trying to understand where you're coming from here using Zoom. You'd like to schedule a meeting without being in a Zoom meeting? Or are you referring to scheduling meetings (scheduling privileges) for others outside of your organization? With that being said you could also add users to your Zoom account, assign the license to the user to be able to host meetings for others without your attendance! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Jarmo
Listener

Thanks @RN ,

I am trying to understand if a member of our team can book meetings for people without needing to actually attend the meeting themselves.

For Example:

Can Janine Schedule a series of meetings for Lucy without Janine needing to attend the meeting themselves?

So Janine books the following meetings but doesn't need to attend:

- Lucy and John at 10am Monday

- Lucy and Lisa at 1pm Monday

- Lucy and Dave at 10am Tuesday

Does this make sense and is it possible?

I assume many PA's have faced this exact problem throughout the last year so hopefully Zoom can cater for this.

Thanks in advance 🙂

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Jarmo so for this Janine can have Scheduling privileges for Lucy to set up these meetings. Personally, I'd recommend looking into the Google Calendar integration and having scheduling privileges. 

For reference here are some KB articles that'll help! 

First, I would look into scheduling privileges, however, be aware the user will be to be part of your Zoom account as a user as its a prereq. Secondly, integrate Google Calendar (optional). Thirdly, you're able to schedule for Lucy are your behalf, or (optional) checkout the .pdf for the Gcal addon with scheduling privileges. 

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!