cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad updated, subsequently requiring user to sign into a zoom account to join a meeting

andrew2
Listener

Someones ipad updated today. She normally just joins a zoom meeting from an invitation link. Today it won't join unless she signed into a free account, the continue button was greyed out in the join meeting process.

Others were joined to this meeting without an account so I don;t think anything has changed in the meeting settings themselves.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5

pizzalover28
Participant

Hi! 

We appritiate you taking your time to reach out to the community. 

If someone joins a meeting, they shouldn't be required to sign in, unless the meeting host has a setting turned on in the meeting that says only allow authenticated users to join. This means that in order to join the meeting, the user will have to sign in to their account. Are you the host of this meeting that you are refering to? 

Best: pizzalover28

andrew2
Listener

Yes, Im the host.  I haven't changed any settings. And others  joined without signing in. I haven't had chance to look at the ipad in detail yet, maybe zoom isnt up to date.  Would that change things tho? But to be honest I'm not even sure I would know what to look for. I joined her for the meeting myself, and it really wouldn't let me join without signing into an account. Never heard of this before.

pizzalover28
Participant

Hi! 

It very well could be that the ipad isn't up to date. Please make sure the ipad is up to date. 

Best, Pizzalover28

andrew2
Listener

thanks. It was the ipad undating that triggered it so I guess its uptodate. I will check

kathi
Listener

My group is having this problem not related to an ipad.   Certain members are being required to sign into their zoom account before being able to join.   Settings have not changed.   Authentication is checked no.   At a loss.