cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation format when pasted in email has changed see body?

LJL1
Listener

LJL1_0-1675638068655.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hathchange
Listener

I’m experiencing the same issue. Unable to reach tech support or figure out how to resolve. 

sbsmithson
Listener

I am having the same thing happen---am a psychotherapist and am trying to get my Zoom invites to people's emails tonight and the invites are pasting in a strange format. Do not know what to do. Evidently my account does not include on-the-telephone tech support so am hoping that Zoom Communications is well aware of this issue and is on it!!

I finally have a workaround!!!!!!!!!!! I also use email w/a copy/paste into my Apple Mail program and this has been soooo stressful thinking of my clients getting this gibberish! Okay, here is what worked for me: (if you have a PC instead of Apple device, just play with substituting the copy/paste into another APP like maybe word or...???) Here is what I did:

Workaround until Zoom fixes this:

1) w/curser highlight the "copy invite" content on zoom page you want to put into an email using Apple mail. However,

2) Open Notes program via any apple device and just do a paste. All the format will appear correctly in the Note. 

3) Now, just highlight the text you see in the Note app with curser and once again do a copy (command C) then go directly to your new email you're creating to sent to clients/others, and simply do command V paste. Whamo - the formatting will appear correctly (hyperlinks, paragraph breaks etc.) just as you always could do before this weekend. I tried this strategy using apple's Message app and though it will format correctly into messages, it reverts back to horrible looking w/the copy paste from message to email. The only way it worked was from NOTES.

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Glad you found a manual workaround to your invite template. I will still encourage you to make use of the template functionality to make it persistent without manual workaround:

How to customize meeting email templates for a group

Only Meeting Invite Email and Meeting Schedule Email templates can be set at the group level. Other meeting email templates can be configured under the Emails tab of the Branding section of your account.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings
  2. In the navigation menu, click User Management then Groups.
  3. Click the applicable group name from the list.
  4. Click the Meeting tab.
  5. Under Invitation Email Branding, click Edit next to the template you want to edit:
    • Meeting Invite Email- The email that can be copied and used by hosts to invite participants to a meeting that is in progress.
    • Meeting Schedule Email- The email that can be copied by hosts and used to invite participants, after scheduling a meeting. The HTML version of this email is utilized by the Outlook plugin and add-in.
  6. (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in the group, click the lock icon 

, and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

sachinzoom

Hello,

You can try customizing your meeting invite templates. Please see instructions here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061260912-Customizing-meeting-email-templates

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

AlexKoh
Listener

Hi

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Thanks for mentioning the option of customizing meeting email templates, and I'll definitely give it a try. This formatting problem with invitation can be quite a hassle, and it's reassuring to know there might be a solution.