cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Meeting ID

slablance
Listener

For virtually all of my recurring meetings, myself and my customers received the "invalid meeting ID" error code. I have reviewed the settings, but am curious if I am missing something. I don't want these meetings to expire at all - is there a way to change it? Or at least get notified before a meeting expires so I can update the link, rather than scrambling at the last minute to get a new link out to the customer. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @slablance,

It's hard to tell what's happening.  If you use the link that is provided, you shouldn't have any issues.  Even "expired" meetings still show up in your Previous meetings tab on the web portal Meeting listing, and I've tested by entering an "old" meeting into the Join link and it still starts.

If you want to make a meeting that can be started at any time but does not use your Personal Meeting ID, create a meeting, make the Recurrence as "No fixed time", and you can start it whenever you like.

Ray_Harwood_0-1670553594011.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your support. I have seen this method before.

Is there a way to fix existing links? Or I have to send out new ones to all my customers? 

Ray_Harwood

Well, I think the actual link for the meeting is good, and shouldn't require "fixing".  All you should need to do is resend the full "corrected" meeting link out to invitees via Email (or however you communicate - there's so many ways these days!!).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

dfknowles
Listener

I have some users experiencing the same thing. I did a quick test that appears to show the order of operations (at least in Outlook on Windows using the Zoom add-in) makes a difference:

• If I add the Zoom meeting first, then make it recurring, in the Zoom portal it shows as a one-time meeting
  • If I make the meeting recurring first, and then add the Zoom meeting, it shows in the Zoom portal as a recurring meeting

I expect when the next occurrence of the first item above comes around, I'll experience an "Invalid Meeting ID", but the second item should work as a recurring Zoom meeting. 

I'd be interested to know if others see the same behavior in terms of sequencing.