cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Meeting ID

JohnPD
Listener

When I attempted to log into a meeting, the format of the meeting ID was not correct. Instead of displaying as 

"879 xxxx xxx", it displayed as "879 xxx xxxx" and gave me an "Invalid meeting ID" error.  Is there something about that number series which reverts to an older display format?

JohnPD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think we found the answer. Someone else ran into the same problem. He realized that a "9" had been dropped from the end of the posted meeting ID. The browser link included that additional digit. When I enter the meeting ID with that additional "9" now, it is valid.  I am not sure how the number was copied and pasted into the newsletter, but somehow that last digit was dropped. The other possibility is that it was not generated when the info was sent to the clipboard. Normally it is a 10 digit number, but in this case it was an 11 digit number. So this has been resolved. I will have to be aware of this for any future meetings I attend or create in case something is being dropped.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JepZoom
Participant

It shouldn't affect the way you join that specific meeting for as long as the meeting ID is correct. It's possible that the meeting is no longer existing or the meeting has been expired. 

Instead of the meeting ID, you may ask for the meeting link, you can also paste meeting link aside from the meeting ID.

Thanks for your reply.

Fortunately I was able to get into the meeting with the browser link. As far as I know I was using the correct meeting ID as that is what was posted in the newsletter for the club's meeting. I even tried some old meeting IDs for some meetings I run and it at least recognized that the ID was valid even though the meeting happened several days ago. Why it decided to reformat the ID I don't know. But the ZOOM client did not like it.

JohnPD

Just checking if my response solved your concern?

JepZoom
Participant

I can't quite say for sure, but the format doesn't really matter. You just need to type in the meeting ID and it will automatically be formatted in the correct way.

Just like this:

JepZoomie_0-1650096503256.png
Maybe you can send some screenshots so that I can check.

Here are the initial screen and the error.

That only means that the meeting is invalid or no longer exists. You can confirm this by reaching out through Zoom chat or email support.

If you have the working meeting link, sometimes the meeting ID is included there. Or one way to find out what is the meeting ID is to check it during the meeting once the meeting started.

You may refer to these screenshots:

JepZoomie_0-1650226975665.png

JepZoomie_1-1650227020075.png

JepZoom
Participant

Just checking if my response solved your concern/question?

JepZoom
Participant

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if my response has been of help to you. If so, it will be greatly appreciated if you can click the 'Accept as Solution' button.

This will be a great help to the community and to people who are having the same concern and are looking for answers.

I think we found the answer. Someone else ran into the same problem. He realized that a "9" had been dropped from the end of the posted meeting ID. The browser link included that additional digit. When I enter the meeting ID with that additional "9" now, it is valid.  I am not sure how the number was copied and pasted into the newsletter, but somehow that last digit was dropped. The other possibility is that it was not generated when the info was sent to the clipboard. Normally it is a 10 digit number, but in this case it was an 11 digit number. So this has been resolved. I will have to be aware of this for any future meetings I attend or create in case something is being dropped.

Thanks for your help.

EsamAbdallahA1-
Listener

Hello 

I'm Esam Abdallah Adam I have meeting right now I don't know how to reah

Hariadna
Listener

I have "ID error" and I can not get into a meeting once I schedule one. And it is blocked for the administrator... How can I unblock it?... How can I be able to be the administrator to change it?  I need to schedule meetings without the ID