cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpreter Icon button for guests?

1radlinda
Listener

Hi!

I set up my first interpreter event weeks ago...... It's a Virtual Wedding with half the guests speaking Spanish!  The interpreter and I had a meeting to test everything.  I thought we were set since I was able to get him set up to interpret simultaneously while I speak. (Very amazing feature!)

Today I go to test the wedding day link (it is now 3 days away) with my daughter.  Neither of us had the 'world' icon button.  I double checked settings and updated my zoom account since it called for an update. Then I gave it another try with my husband tonight, and I have the 'world' icon button but he doesn't. I have been going over settings and reading and listening to videos but have not found a solution.  I even set up another Wedding Link just in case the first one was buggy or something. We both accessed the new link and it was still the same situation. I have a 'world' icon button and he doesn't have a button. 

Does anyone have a clue what might be going on????  I am in a bit of a panic to think none of the wedding guests will be able to access the interpretation.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I can only imagine what kind of experience was that. But looking at the actual scenario, it appears that you need to reach Zoom support to report such cases. You may also submit feedback to this link: zoom.us/feed

There are some factors that might be the cause of the issue such as the internet/network of the host, attendee, interpreters. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have been through.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JepZoom
Participant

Is your husband the interpreter on your meeting? If he is, make sure that he is using the Zoom desktop application or the Zoom mobile application.

If you joined a meeting from the web client, you can only listen to language interpretation, you cannot be an interpreter.

Kindly click this link that I have found: Click Me

JepZoom
Participant

Just checking if my response solved your concern?

1radlinda
Listener

Hi JepZoomie,

The wedding couple had hired interpreters from a Boston company and they were the ones that required the special interpreter addition to the zoom program. I am a zoom user for a few years but that addition never worked for some reason.

The wedding happened last month. I had to create a whole new zoom wedding meeting for the button to show up, and have the couple send the new invite out to their guests 3 days before their wedding.  And the program still had glitches and didn't work because the guests couldn't hear the interpreters. So it didn't work and I don't know why. The interpreters ended up reading it in Spanish after I finished the ceremony and the couple was happy with that.  I hope to NEVER have to use interpreter feature again.... it was the most stressful experience!

I can only imagine what kind of experience was that. But looking at the actual scenario, it appears that you need to reach Zoom support to report such cases. You may also submit feedback to this link: zoom.us/feed

There are some factors that might be the cause of the issue such as the internet/network of the host, attendee, interpreters. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have been through.

1radlinda
Listener

JepZoomer,  thank you for your understanding and sincere apology. It wasn't your fault. I know. I had the best internet possible on my end, but in the Dominican Republic, who knows what the network was like. I consider the problem closed since I do not plan to use the program again. So thank you for following up. Have a good day.