cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection Issues

smcbride735
Listener

I'm having an intermittent issue with connecting with others in my Zoom meetings, I'll get an email notification that they've joined the meeting and I'm in the meeting but we don't see each other.  I've found that I have to either go out and back into the meeting a couple of times or send the Zoom link via email to the other meeting participant to use to join.  

It used to just happen with my meetings with individuals in Australia, now it's happened 3 times in the last 24-hours when I was meeting with a participant in the US.

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@smcbride735 How are you starting your meetings? If the participant was joining from the intended link, they will join the meeting with you and I'm not aware of any issues of this nature with the Zoom platform. 

If you get these emails while you are in the meeting, click on the green check mark in the top left hand corner to see the meeting ID you are in, and then check the email for the ID to see where the issue occurs (on your end or on the participants). 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Some of the meetings are being scheduled via Calendly and others are scheduled via our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) integration with Zoom, then I just click on the Zoom meeting link that's in my Outlook calendar.  I'm a recruiter, some are my personal interviews and others are interviews I arrange via our ATS for my hiring managers (in both cases, I do receive an email notification when the candidates join).  

J-Zoom-ATL

@smcbride735 I would discuss with the admin who is handling Calendly and your ATS and try and work towards replicating. It seems like there is a disconnect between what is scheduled on your calendar and what the end user receives when they schedule. 
I would certainly try and replicate with someone and check what the IDs are on both sides to determine where the issue is coming from. You can click the green check mark while in meeting to see what the ID is of the meeting you both are in or check the URL address bar when joining to see the ID. 

From here, you'll want to check what is shown in your Zoom web portal for that time to see which one matches. Whichever one doesn't match is going to be the side where the incorrect link was sent. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.25.06 AM.png