cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initials as display picture

zacunderattack
Listener

So I wanted to be cool and changed my display picture to my own picture, but the whole point of a camera off is for me not to be seen. So I am trying to get my initials back in the display picture block and can no longer find that option. Anybody provide any guidance as to how this can be accomplished? 

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @zacunderattack! If you log into the Zoom web portal and click Profile, you can delete the photo by clicking it and selecting Delete

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-profile

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Unfortunately, that works only till you log out. Next time you log-in, Zoom will attempt to restore your picture, and if none in the zoom profile, it will pull one from your google profile. And if you'd like to have your initials, as I do,  you need to delete the picture again. And again. And again.

It would be nice to have an option to use either a picture, or initials/monogram in the Zoom profile.

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I believe that you are starting or joining a meeting, then updating your profile. Doing this does not permanently save your changes, as it assumes your just wanted to make changes for that meeting only.

Instead, go to Zoom.us and log into your account, go to your profile, make the changes that you desire, and these changes will stay as set for all meetings forward.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Kind of. "Deleting picture"/"Using initials" persists throughout the meetings - till you closed zoom. Next time you start the app, the picture is back. Somewhere in Help, I find that if no picture available in the Zoom profile, zoom automatically selecting photo from the Google profile. How to have intials by default is the original question of this thread, as I understand it.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @ayspunde,

Are you signing in with a Google account?  I've seen several instances where people with Google-based logins to Zoom can't permanently delete their profile picture.  Zoom always grabs the Google profile picture.

The only work-around I know is to switch logins to Email-based.  See this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362343-Signing-in-without-Google-Apple-or-Facebook 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi @Ray_Harwood ,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, Google, but organizational (i.e. linked to my LBL authentication) and login will not take my email.

It seems a solution will be for Zoom to provide an option  - image vs initials - directly.

Cheers.

A

ZoomTestKitchen

As stated by Bri, deleting your profile picture will put your Display Name initials next to your name in the participant's list. I'm not sure from your message if you are trying to get your initials on your video output, or not, but that area will always display your "Display Name" from your profile. If you were to set your "Display Name" to a set of initials that could do the trick.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen