cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming video freezes since new app update

Ilipman
Listener

Please can the community assist.

I recently updated to the latest Zoom app. Since then, after accepting someone from the waiting room as host into a meeting -their video freezes after a few seconds. Sound is perfect, and in a  hour long  meeting the video may unfreeze for 15-20 seconds 2 to 3 times. My video stream to them is unaffected, and they have un-interrupted video of myself as host for the duration of the meeting.

I am using a 200Mbps up/down fibre line running at 186Mbps on my computer. Furthermore, if I run the meeting from a web browser I don't have any issues. I did do a Windows update, and have since rolled back the update to see if that would fix the issue, which it did not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DebbieNZ
Listener

Hi @CN Please try adjusting the video settings in Zoom Client -> Settings -> Video -> Advanced -> Uncheck Receiving Video in the section (Use hardware acceleration for), and see if this solves the issue. 

debbiethackwray_0-1629872567768.png

Virginia Johnson (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

rgoldstein
Listener

The same issue is happening for me and a number of collegues. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling zoom. Then uninstalling and reinstalling an older version but the problem has not been fixed. If it doesn't get fixed soon I will have to switch platforms because this renders the experience useless.

Neiltoo
Listener

I am also experiencing the same problem.

sjs
Listener

I too have had the same problem since the update was made and have had to switch platforms already as I use Zoom for business meetings. I would like to come back to Zoom if the bug can be fixed. 

DebbieNZ
Listener

Hi @CN Please try adjusting the video settings in Zoom Client -> Settings -> Video -> Advanced -> Uncheck Receiving Video in the section (Use hardware acceleration for), and see if this solves the issue. 

debbiethackwray_0-1629872567768.png

Virginia Johnson (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

This works for groups and individuals 🙂

Hi,

This solution doesn't work because my screen doesn't have that option. There is nothing after "use hardware acceleration for receiving video" .... is what mine says. I did click that but nothing changed.

Ilipman
Listener

Thank you @DebbieNZ. This solution appears to be working thus far....

peb
Listener

Hi is it anthony

Hi Peb

No, I'm not Anthony....