cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming screen share flickers

azoom
Listener

I'm on Windows 10. When someone else shares their screen and zoom is the active window, my screen flickers to the point I get migraines. If zoom is not the active window (I opened a browser or something else while in the meeting) the shared screen display is smooth and updates beautifully.  The size of the zoom window doesn't matter. The only thing that seems to affect whether or not it flickers is whether or not zoom is the active window.  

Does anyone have advice how to fix that? Am I stuck with the choice of getting sick from migraines or getting distracted from other programs? 

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @azoom, for your screen share issue, ensure you 'share computer audio' and 'optimize for video clip' when sharing content.

Also, within your Zoom desktop client settings under 'Share screen' click on 'Advanced' and check or uncheck, "Use Hardware acceleration to optimize video sharing", and see if that changes or makes a difference for your Screen sharing experience.

Along with Checking or Unchecking, 'Use TCP Connection for screen sharing'

Lastly, ensure you're up-to-date in running the latest version of Zoom.  

Let me know if this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I have followed all of that. I am using the latest version for Windows. The issue isn't when share, it's when other people share. Their shared screen flickers on my screen unless my Zoom is not the active window.

Did you find a cure for this? I have the same problem.

Did you? because i do too.