cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Zoom meeting we can't see each other but only can see ourselves

JoeyYang
Listener

I had a Zoom meeting with my teacher yesterday. But in the Zoom meeting, we can’t see each other, only can see ourselves.

I’m sure I turned on the camera and I check my system camera setting, the permission of Zoom to the use the laptop camera is on.

Given that I was taking the class at home yesterday, it is suspected that it may be network latency. Today I tried to start a Zoom meeting with my colleagues again at the company, but it was still the same situation.

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi joeyyang,

please confirm that both of you are trying to join the same meeting. Each meeting has a unique 9, 10, or 11-digit number called a meeting ID that will be required to join a Zoom meeting.   

only one person should start the zoom meeting and then invite the other person to that meeting.

if you started a zoom meeting you would see yourself and if your colleague started her own meeting, she would only see herself.

please see 

Joining a Zoom meeting – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your reply. I think me and my teacher join in the same meeting, because we click the course link(in Cartus) to join it. We can hear each other's voice and can see each other's name in the meeting. But I truly don't notice the meeting ID at the last meeting.

Are there any else reason could cause this situation?

Thanks,

Joey.

Eliot

hi joey,

maybe the host has enabled 'focus mode' which prevents meeting partiipants from seeing each other.

Using focus mode – Zoom Support

the host can enable focus mode when she is scheduling the meeting.

Scheduling meetings – Zoom Support

are you or your teacher the host?  if not, i suggest contacting cartus.

what zoom client and version are you using?

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

This situation is possible. The host of the meeting might be my teacher. I will ask her about the "focus mode". 

I use the 5.12.3(9638) version.

Thanks, if I have any responds from my teacher, I will leave you a message.

Joey

Hi Eliot,

I found when I use the website Zoom, it can work normally.  But I still don't know why Zoom client have that issue.