cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In meeting, my audio and video have specific problems

Black_Bart
Listener

During a meeting, others can hear me, and I can hear others, but I can't hear myself.  And in the meeting, when others talk, their video moves to center screen and becomes enlarged.  When I talk, it does not.  It stays as a thumbnail in the upper portion of the screen along with the non-talkers.  Before the meeting, when I tested my audio, the two tests worked (the ringtone test and the recorded playback test).  I'm using the mic built into the webcam, and using headphones to listen to my audio.  But I cannot hear myself speak in real time through my headphones, as I would expect.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Black_Bart as there is no playback of your own input in the client for Audio output unless you set that up within your Operating System settings (Windows or Mac) or use 3rd party audio software that enables playback of input. 

What you're experiencing in the meeting is speaker view, you can look more into our KB on Adjusting your video layout during a virtual meeting. However, if you're not the host. The host can also spotlight participants' videos so you'd be unable to change the layout. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!