cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Meeting Chat Disappears in the Breakout Room

CJBNessa
Listener

Previously - before the Xmas vacation - when I moved to a breakout room my in meeting chat moves with me. Today I was the host and went to a breakout group to answer a question and my chat did not move with me. The chat was not showing when I returned to the main room. However when I saved the chat it saved all the items that I had previously posted.

We need a feature of the chat moving with the participant so that they can be given a brief for the breakout and refer to the questions in the breakout so if this is a "new feature" that is going to be a real pain. If however it is a short term problem or bug then I will be glad to see it resolved

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

In your user settings, turn off New Meeting Chat Experience.  That will fix it for meetings you host.

Contact your Zoom CSM.  There is a feature request ticket in about this already and a couple other threads on here about the issue.

KJH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kjhartma

In your user settings, turn off New Meeting Chat Experience.  That will fix it for meetings you host.

Contact your Zoom CSM.  There is a feature request ticket in about this already and a couple other threads on here about the issue.

KJH

This did not work for me as it does not allow me to turn off New Meeting Chat experience. It says I have another feature enables, but I cannot find the other feature.