cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im a Zoom Host with the Pro Account, A PARTICIPANT SIGNS ON & IT SHOWS NUMBERS BEFORE HER NAME, Why?

Pamyvee
Listener

Hello, I need help responding to one of the participants on my Zoom Meeting Calls. There is a lady who signs into the meeting and her name shows up with numbers proceeding her name and then it reflects that's she's on her Ipad.

As the Zoom Host, I always Rename her and remove the numbers that proceed her first name.

She still is unhappy about that and doesn't understand why numbers appear before her name ?

I have no idea why? I don't think it is a Zoom function, but may have to do with her iPad Settings, but she keeps bringing it up and complaining about it and thinks someone is hacking her while she is on the Zoom Video call

I don't even know what to tell her....Renaming her at the beginning of every meeting and removing the numbers doesn't satisfy her worries. 

What do  you think may be causing this? How can I help her get the numbers removed so that they don't even show up, but only her name and iPad?

Your help is so appreciated, she keeps bringing it up and she is more than persistent. I am feeling frustrated with her chronic lamenting about this.

Thank You,

Pam (Pamyvee)

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

She should go to her account profile page on the web at https://zoom.us

Edit the Display Name by clicking Edit:

Ray_Harwood_0-1658359752121.jpeg

Then changing the Display Name field:

Ray_Harwood_1-1658359792110.jpeg

Click the blue Save button down below. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !