cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea: BRB Status

jb12
Listener

Regularly, people say "BRB" and then have to write "Ok Back", especially if video is off.  Would be helpful to just have a "BRB" status you can flip on that shows in the participants pane and the video window that you can turn off when you are back.  Bonus points for adding a custom message, like "BRB - 5 min" or "BRB - grabbing a glass of water"

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Sounds like you need something similar to this super cool new "I'm away" feature 😎 :   https://twitter.com/Zoom/status/1442890697934135308?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5E...

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

@alexisbrown @jb12 I wonder whether this is also dependent on the account/meeting being enabled for "Non-verbal feedback" or "Meeting reactions"

Rupert_0-1633109708475.png

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Rupert

Hi @jb12 

The Zoom app itself (your zoom profile) has something like that (Status and Note) for use between Contacts, but I don't think it translates into an actual status seen within a Meeting when in progress.

That would be a good idea.

Be sure to submit it at https://zoom.us/feed

Rupert

jb12
Listener

Ok, will do!  Yeah, I'm specifically referring to an in-meeting status (just for that meeting).  Thanks!

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Sounds like you need something similar to this super cool new "I'm away" feature 😎 :   https://twitter.com/Zoom/status/1442890697934135308?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5E...

Alexis
Zoom Community Team

Rupert

Loving learning something new everyday in the Community @alexisbrown ! 

Some have a BRB status icon available (Coffee mug) and some do not. Some meetings have reactions like Yes No Faster Slower. Same client, same laptop. What do they depend on and how can they be activated?

I see the tutorial and where it should be, but it's not in my Zoom 

jb12
Listener

Yes that would work I think!  When is that going live? (I don't see it in latest update)

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

It should be available now in your latest Zoom version 🤔

Alexis
Zoom Community Team

jb12
Listener

Don't see it in Version: 5.8.0 (1780)

I am on version 5.8.0 (1324). Does your app say you are on the latest version?

Alexis
Zoom Community Team

Yes says "you are up to date"

Rupert

@alexisbrown @jb12 I wonder whether this is also dependent on the account/meeting being enabled for "Non-verbal feedback" or "Meeting reactions"

Rupert_0-1633109708475.png

That was it! Thank you!

where is this?

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

giphy

Alexis
Zoom Community Team