cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUES IN TAKING ZOOM MEETINGS

Zoomuser30
Listener

When  I  use Zoom meetings to attend a webinar, the first thing zoom takes a really long time to open, during that time it often shows a "NOT RESPONDING" message. After 2  to 3 minutes it opens up and I start to take the webinar, at that time my whole pc starts to lag and becomes unresponsive. Then I try to leave the meeting so that I can rejoin, but at that moment the leave meeting icon starts to hang. I have a windows 7 professional os, with 4GB ram and 280GB storage with intel Pentium 4 core ( the problem persisted with the i3 processor also ). I have kept my pc at its best performance, I have given it a 1GB GPU extra and I also have plenty of storage. Please suggest some solution, it will be really helpful.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZWriter
Listener

Do you have any issues if you open the Zoom app and just sign in? If it does not lock up then, it is possible it could be a network issue. If the app is taking a long time to make a connection, the app itself will lock up. 

As a note, the Pentium 4 is a relatively outdated processor (discontinued 2008), so it may have some issues running the app as well, unfortunately, and if the other was an early i3, that may contribute to the issue. I would try to ensure the minimal amount of apps/processes are running, before launching Zoom to see if that relieves the issue. 

View solution in original post

ZWriter
Listener

I would update the OS to Windows 10, however that is less about the Zoom app and more in regards to security. Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 in January of last year.

In terms of the processor, really any modern-day entry-level will due. A newer generation i3 for example should not have any issues (i3-7100 or higher) or any of AMDs Athlon or entry level Ryzen processors will work as well. Another good choice would be Intel's Pentium Gold G6405. 

Happy I could be of help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZWriter
Listener

Do you have any issues if you open the Zoom app and just sign in? If it does not lock up then, it is possible it could be a network issue. If the app is taking a long time to make a connection, the app itself will lock up. 

As a note, the Pentium 4 is a relatively outdated processor (discontinued 2008), so it may have some issues running the app as well, unfortunately, and if the other was an early i3, that may contribute to the issue. I would try to ensure the minimal amount of apps/processes are running, before launching Zoom to see if that relieves the issue. 

Thank You for your suggestion, the issues are related to sign-in and also the webinars. I have tried to minimize the tasks running in the background, but the issues persisted. The features like chatbox, participant box, etc often lag.

I have a decent internet connection of 25MB download and 6 MB upload. I surely understand that my processor is really outdated. Can you suggest to me that should I change the OS  or change thrprocessor if yes then to which one.  
Thank You.

ZWriter
Listener

I would update the OS to Windows 10, however that is less about the Zoom app and more in regards to security. Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 in January of last year.

In terms of the processor, really any modern-day entry-level will due. A newer generation i3 for example should not have any issues (i3-7100 or higher) or any of AMDs Athlon or entry level Ryzen processors will work as well. Another good choice would be Intel's Pentium Gold G6405. 

Happy I could be of help!