cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCORRECT PASSCODE

KWozniak
Listener

"I'm at my wits end with Zoom.  We use the same laptop for many zoom meetings without any problems. One meeting room however is a nightmare. No matter how much we try or what we do it wont let us into the meeting due to INCORRECT passcode. It consistently take 30-35 minutes of trying various options. Delete Zoom, reinstall Zoom  Dont install zoom etc etc and then finally after 30 minutes,  all of a sudden it works. The owner of the meeting room keeps implying that the problem is me (typing wrong passcode) but its NOT me      We also try with a totally different laptop (Lenova vs Macbookpro) that is used everyday for online school and the same error occurs  incorrect password

p.s Hopefully ZOOM wil reply here instead of hiding behind a privacy issue that doesn't exist  This is about a valid passcode NOT WORKING  I dint reveal the passcode so how can this be a privacy issue ????????

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

How is the passcode being given to you - and have you tried copying and pasting the passcode, rather than typing? 

Im the one typing it  Il try the copy and paste tmoro  thanks

jacoallaboutfa
Listener

Happens to me as well. Only solution is to enter passcode and meeting ID in WORD or TXT file, copy and paste it in the Zoom slots. 

Makes me want to consider other options like Jitsi when I have to host a meeting.

Rupert

If the problem only occurs when typing in a passcode, this could likely be letter-case being transposed, or numbers being confused with letters.

Like I and I (lower case L and upper case i)

Like 0 and 0 (zero and upper case o)

Or a caps or num-lock issue.

Try pasting the passcode into Notepad (a TXT document) and looking carefully at it there. THEN type it into Zoom carefully. The default font in Notepad should allow you to see any differing characters more clearly.

In Notepad, as a test, you can also re-type the passcode below the pasted copy to ensure your keystrokes are coming out as expected - before typing into Zoom.

Copy/paste method doesn't work either, the app  keep changing capital letters to lowercase, and as @KWozniak said it suddenly works after many attempts, Idk if there's already a fix or a thread of how to fix it but it's very annoying, I have to ask everytime for the direct link with the passcode into the query string, otherwise I won't be able to join the meeting.
I've seen a lot complains about it and no solution so far

Non-things
Listener

Yeah, I have the same problem too. I hope zoom corrects all these issues <)

vstringfellow
Listener

I am using the newest MacBook Pro, OS Big Sur with the Apple M1 processor. I spent over an hour today trying to get Zoom to accept the meeting ID and passcode for a meeting that was entered correctly each time. I have installed and reinstalled Zoom app for this machine numerous times all to no avail. I attend a lot of meetings and this problem is going on the second week. Please respond to this issue as the only way I can get Zoom to take a correct passcode is to use the browser, go to the Zoom website and launch the program. Each time I reinstall Zoom on my MAC, I lose my personal settings which really sucks.  Thanks. 

ekamoe
Listener

Echoing the concerns here. I hosted two Zoom meetings today with the same participants. For the second, one of my guests was unable to enter, despite multiple attempts at entering the meeting ID and passcode by hand, copying and pasting, using only the link, etc. I appreciate the suggestions here, but I think Zoom can do better. The meetings I host are for older folks who are less comfortable with technology. Let's make it easier for them to connect! Otherwise Zoom risks losing users to platforms that better integrate with the phones and tablets they're comfortable with.

Likewise, I attempted to join a meeting on my Mac several times, both copying and pasting, and typing the passcode. Nothing would work. I then connected using an iPhone, and it worked first time. I was able to get onto the computer by using the "switch" button.

Zoom folks: PLEASE FIX THIS!!! We had exactly the same problem for the same meeting last week, but with a different user.