cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've forgotten my old Password and now I can't really do anything

Jmj83
Listener

I've forgotten my old password. Whenever I click "Forgot Password" It takes me to the zoom website and logs me in through my school portal. But when I go to the section "Password" and click Edit I have to enter my OLD PASSWORD. This is so absurd I forgot my password so how am I suppose to magically remember it to change it after clicking "Forgot Password".  At this point to get help has been a maze I don't even know if this is for real help or just random user suggestions.

11 REPLIES 11

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jmj83 

It could be that your school account's admin has disabled login through email/password, and forces you to login via SSO. I'll reach out directly to get some more info. 

Bort,

I am currently having the same issue - is there a way to reset the password? I have forgotten my old password as this is a work account and for some reason it tells me there is no account registered to my email

What is the solution to my "old Password" It's crazy that you don't offer the bottom to view it...no matter what I try to reset, I can't get in.

I am trying to add Zoom as an Add-On in Outlook and am stuck in an endless loop

bbone
Listener

thanks

cblyth9
Listener

I am having this exact issue as well! 

Is there a way I can reset my OLD password on my school zoom account?

karentan17
Listener

I have the same issue as well and the system put me on hold for trying any more passwords as there were just too many attempts to key in the old password. Duh! I have forgotten the old passwords and in order to change it, I have to remember the old password. What an irony!

SiedsRienks
Listener

Please help. I have the same issue. Please do this more simple !! 

manishagoyal
Listener

I am also facing same issue

transplant
Listener

Having the same issue... no admin on my account but me. 

FIXED it.....forget the support phone number and the chat box.

That "forgot Password" takes you back to your account. And if you don't have your old password you can't reset it. For it to work, you have to delete the cookies your zoom account is using, THEN click that link, which will require you to fill in your password and click the verify not a robot box. 

transplant
Listener

That "forgot Password" takes you back to your account. And if you don't have your old password you can't reset it. For it to work, you have to delete the cookies your zoom account is using, THEN click that link, which will require you to fill in your password and click the verify not a robot box.