cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I start a scheduled meeting, participants join another one

amysuardi
Listener

Hello there,

This keeps happening to me. I start a scheduled meeting from either Zoom.us or my Zoom client, but no one joins it. Then I get an email from Zoom saying that people have joined my meeting. Since they are not in my current meeting, I have to end the meeting and start it all over again using the link the Zoom email.

I checked the meeting id -- they are the same (in the email and in my Zoom account). I also have disabled "participants can join before host." I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I find this so nerve-wracking when I'm supposed to be hosting.

Thank you for your help,

Amy

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@amysuardi Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your meetings. Can you walk us through a couple of things on your process?

How do you start your meetings? Are you starting from the Zoom application, from the web, from a link, etc. 
How are you scheduling your meetings and sending invitations?

Hi, thanks for responding! I have started the meeting once from the web, once from the Zoom application by going to my scheduled recurring meeting and then pressing Start. 

The way I schedule is by creating a recurring meeting. To make an invite, I go to my recordings on Zoom on the web, click on the upcoming date, and then "copy invitation."