cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lose the control panel to mute participants when someone shares a powerpoint- how do I get it back

JanetMartha
Listener

Hi there, I recently hosted a meeting of 60 participants.  All participants were automatically muted on entry.  At the beginning I could see the names of all participants and their mute/unmute icons. When our teacher started his power point presentation I lost that panel to the shared screen we all saw.  Someone unmuted himself and there was a lot of background noise. The only way I could fix the situation was to unmute myself and interrupt the teacher, asking everyone to make sure they had their microphones muted. Even when the teacher finished his power point I did not get the participant panel back.

Would greatly appreciate tips about how to continue viewing the host's view and control panel during someone elses' shared screen power point. Thanks in advance!  Janet 🌻

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JanetMartha,

During screenshare, I understand you lose the main gallery view of attendees.

-The best way to continue to manage your participants, is to select the "participants" tab at the bottom of your control bar. This will pull up a side view of participants and will have microphone icons to easily control the mute.

-The video below will give an easy walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcd6nNmtGo0

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ccameron

@JanetMartha,

During screenshare, I understand you lose the main gallery view of attendees.

-The best way to continue to manage your participants, is to select the "participants" tab at the bottom of your control bar. This will pull up a side view of participants and will have microphone icons to easily control the mute.

-The video below will give an easy walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcd6nNmtGo0

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

great! That worked! I don't know why "participants" was not visible before. Today it was! Thanks for the quick answer. janet