cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a paid account: how can I share my licence with a colleague so he can also plan a meeting

carolinebg13
Listener

Hello,

how can I share my licence with a colleague so he can also plan a meeting not including me?  Thank you,

Caroline

8 REPLIES 8

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @carolinebg13,

Zoom is licensed by the user.  Sharing your account with others is a violation of our EULA.  Your colleague will need their own license.

If you bot get licenses within the same Zoom Account, then you can schedule meetings on behalf of each other, set each other as Alternate Hosts to launch each other's meeting in case you can't make it, etc.  But each user needs their own sign in to Zoom and their own paid license.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

You say each user needs 'their own paid license', but the instructions for inviting another user to join your account imply that the original account holder will be paying the licenses for both. Which is right?

Bort

Yes, both users need to be assigned a license and on the same account. The admin will purchase the licenses centrally for the entire account and assign those licenses to users. 

carolinebg13
Listener

Thank you Dan.  Oups, I have misunderstood my licence limits, I thought I could share it with 9 different people.

Thank you for letting me know,

Caroline

Dan_ZoomSE

If you purchased a Biz10 pack (Business account with 10 pro licenses), then you can add more users to your account and assign them a license.  

Go to Account Management | Billing to see how many licenses you have available.  If you have 9 more licenses, then you can go to User Management | Users and add more users to your account and assign them a license.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Jacquelijne
Listener

Hello Dan_Zoom SE,

What does it mean then when you have a ZOOM PRO account? It says

*Purchase up to 9 licenses per account

You can not share with 9 other people in your team? Every 9 people need to have an own PRO account for 139,90?
What does the 9 licenses mean? I am a bit confused.

Thank you for answering Dan,
Jacquelijne

hollang
Listener

I think it means that you can purchase up to 9 additional licenses under your account, i.e., until you reach 10 total users which would make your account one of the BIZ10 type accounts Dan referenced. 10 users would cost 199.99/mo or you can save a bit by buying all 10 on an annual basis, i think.

Gabspro
Listener

I have a message  ((You have licenses still available to users.))

and an other message ((You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account.))

so I have a paid and valid license on my account that I cannot use even for myself 

and Zoom say assigning license is a violation of terms and conditions why they allow us to assign the license ?? this is very disappointing, our business is affected