cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot be seen in recording sent

ScoliYoga
Listener

I sent a link of a recorded meeting, as usual.  This time, the other party cannot see me , but they CAN hear me.  They only see themselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JulieScipioni
Listener

Hi Scoli! 

Was the recording saved locally, or to the cloud? If locally, and if the person recording had that other person pinned, for example, the camera will stay on the pinned person, and the recording delivered will reflect their screen set up. 

If the recording was saved to the cloud, then you could have received several different versions of the recording, based on the recording settings in your account. You may get the view you'd like in one of the other recordings.  I always record to the cloud and I ask for all views - active speaker, gallery, screen share, etc. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JulieScipioni
Listener

Hi Scoli! 

Was the recording saved locally, or to the cloud? If locally, and if the person recording had that other person pinned, for example, the camera will stay on the pinned person, and the recording delivered will reflect their screen set up. 

If the recording was saved to the cloud, then you could have received several different versions of the recording, based on the recording settings in your account. You may get the view you'd like in one of the other recordings.  I always record to the cloud and I ask for all views - active speaker, gallery, screen share, etc. 

ScoliYoga
Listener

yes, it was local.  thanks! it answered my question, I just never had this issue before.  so I have to ask the person to pin me, correct?

If you want your camera to be on screen the whole time, regardless of who is speaking, then yes, you would ask whoever is recording to pin you. In general, whatever the person recording sees on their screen is what will be in the local recording.