cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my subscription but in still being charged

Lua
Listener

I've been charged for a subscription that I cancelled. 

When go into my Zoom Account, it says that it's not active. 

14 REPLIES 14

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Lua So sorry for the trouble. Kindly please submit a support ticket here so that our Account & Billing Management can assist you further.

I have tried contacting to sort but not available and emails bounce back. Perhaps invoice reminders are a scam?

Anida1234
Listener

hello, I have the same problem, did you manage to get refund?

Jet999
Listener

Hi I have the same issue, did you get to solve the problem please?

WendyT8
Listener

I cancelled my subscription and the payment, but keep getting late payment reminders.  Reply to the email but just get pointed to this page.  Very frustrating

MikeCook
Listener

Lot of people have the same issue. Me too. Zoom makes it difficult to cancel, and are deceitful in their process. The system told me I only had a free subscription and that I would not be charged. I also looked to see if Zoom had any billing/card info from me, and it did not show. But today ... I get a bill for $159 for my annual renewal. I know the FTC and the CFPB both have oversight against this kind of behavior. There are a lot of people in the same boat as me who are being charged by a company who is performing deceptive trade practices (Recurring Subscriptions and Recurring Charges". Anyone want to purse a class action against Zoom?  This practice is predatory.

Yes I would be willing to join a class action against Zoom. This practice is dishonest and I see has hit lots of people. 

Count me in. I officially hate Zoom.

I will wait for their response to my cancellation effective today 8/20/23 around 9:20 am.  I am hoping for the best, but given the comments I have read, I might be in for a fight. 

I empathise with your issue.  I probably have no rescourse as I am in Ireland and EU legislation may not cover this issue; also, it could be a lengthy process.  I intend making a complaint via the US Embassy in Dublin, though.   

pretzelcuatl
Listener

It just happened to me too. These people suck.

ergoV
Listener

I also cancelled and have just received an invoice followed by a reminder.

I just cancelled after several months of not using the (dis) service, not being able to cancel after following instructions provided, using the robot/chat function, trying to reach them by telephone. (Closed on weekends). Worst service I have ever had the misfortune if using.   Never been so frustrated. BUT I received the cancellation email, now might have to beat back their attempts to keep charging me.  

RoísinDubh
Listener

I cancelled my subscription last October (2023). I was charged this week, January 9th 2024.  I had the same problem last year.  I sent a message to Zoom Customer Care but received a reply on Thursday that the Ticket has been closed. I never use the  service now- total waste of money.