Listener

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,Ansel

Please see below

Zoom Virtual Background system requirements – Zoom Help Center

Please try to update the driver to the version 26.xx.xx or higher, if your video chip is Intel HD620.

View solution in original post

Amisha
Listener

In phone you can't access it but in PC/Laptop follow below steps:

Step 1. You must signed In on Zoom:Screenshot from 2021-08-17 10-43-33.png

Step 2: Access your Zoom Settings:ABCD.jpgStep 3:

Step 3: Select Background & Filters from the settings menuAmisha_1-1629177743893.jpeg

Once you’re in the Settings menu, select the Background & Filters option from the menu on the left side of the screen. This will open up a sub-section of the Settings menu on the right side of the screen. Here is where we’ll choose a background. You can also add video filters in this section.

Step 3: Preview and choose your virtual backgroundAmisha_2-1629177847569.jpeg

To choose a virtual background, make sure that the Virtual Backgrounds tab is selected. This way, you can browse Zoom’s limited collection of preset video and image backgrounds. If you want to preview one of these backgrounds, simply click on its corresponding thumbnail icon, and it should immediately appear in the preview screen toward the top of your window. It’s important to note that if you want to see how your virtual background will appear while you’re in a video call, you’ll need to turn on your webcam while you’re previewing these backgrounds. That way, the preview screen will show a live stream of your face in front of the background instead of just the background itself. You’re also not limited to using Zoom’s preset virtual backgrounds. You can add your own images and videos by clicking on the Plus Sign icon next to Video Filters. A drop-down menu will appear, giving you two options: Add Image or Add Video. Choosing either will open your PC’s File Explorer so that you can select an image or video file from your computer. Once you’ve picked a background, simply exit the Settings menu. Zoom will automatically save your selection. If you don’t want to add a virtual background but simply want to make your actual background less noticeable or just hide it a bit, you can also blur your background. To do so, just navigate to the same Virtual Backgrounds tab in the Background & Filters section of the Zoom settings menu, and choose the Blur thumbnail option. It’s also worth mentioning that Zoom’s Virtual Background feature is optimized to function better with the use of a green screen. You can use the feature without a green screen, but if you have one, the quality is expected to be better. If you plan on using a green screen, be sure to tick the box next to the phrase I Have a Green Screen in the Background & Filters settings page to get the most out of your virtual background.

Amisha_3-1629177979267.jpeg

You can set your virtual background while you’re in a meeting as well. To do so, click on the upward-facing arrow within the Start (or Stop) Video Camera icon. In the menu that appears, select Choose Virtual Background. This will take you to the same Background & Filters menu from earlier.

More fun: How to add a filter to your Zoom video

Virtual backgrounds aren’t the only way to jazz up your Zoom meetings. Your backgrounds can also be adorned with a wide variety of preset Zoom filters. Here’s how to use them:

Step 1: Access the Background & Filters section of the Zoom Settings menu, as we did earlier.

Amisha_4-1629178113900.jpeg

Step 2: Select the Video Filters tab, and a wide selection of Zoom preset filters will pop up on your screen. Select a filter’s thumbnail to preview what a filter would look like on your screen, and a preview will appear in the preview screen at the top of your window. For some of the image filters, the software requires your face to display correctly on screen, so they won’t appear unless your webcam is on. For example, the pizza hat filter won’t show up until it can see a head on which it can place the hat.

Step 3: Once you decide on a filter, close the Settings menu. Your chosen filter will appear automatically on screen the next time you join a Zoom meeting.

Note: Like virtual backgrounds, users have the ability to change or add a filter while a meeting is underway using a similar process. Click on the upward-facing arrow in the Start (or Stop) Video Camera icon. A menu will appear on your screen. Select Choose Video Filter, and Zoom will take you to the same Background & Filters location in your Settings menu to pick your filter.

Ohkawa

This is probably because your account administrator has not allowed you to add it.

Ohkawa_1-1629265007709.png

23 REPLIES 23

Ohkawa

Hi,Ansel

Please see below

Zoom Virtual Background system requirements – Zoom Help Center

Please try to update the driver to the version 26.xx.xx or higher, if your video chip is Intel HD620.

What about intel Celeron?

Amisha
Listener

In phone you can't access it but in PC/Laptop follow below steps:

Step 1. You must signed In on Zoom:Screenshot from 2021-08-17 10-43-33.png

Step 2: Access your Zoom Settings:ABCD.jpgStep 3:

Step 3: Select Background & Filters from the settings menuAmisha_1-1629177743893.jpeg

Once you’re in the Settings menu, select the Background & Filters option from the menu on the left side of the screen. This will open up a sub-section of the Settings menu on the right side of the screen. Here is where we’ll choose a background. You can also add video filters in this section.

Step 3: Preview and choose your virtual backgroundAmisha_2-1629177847569.jpeg

To choose a virtual background, make sure that the Virtual Backgrounds tab is selected. This way, you can browse Zoom’s limited collection of preset video and image backgrounds. If you want to preview one of these backgrounds, simply click on its corresponding thumbnail icon, and it should immediately appear in the preview screen toward the top of your window. It’s important to note that if you want to see how your virtual background will appear while you’re in a video call, you’ll need to turn on your webcam while you’re previewing these backgrounds. That way, the preview screen will show a live stream of your face in front of the background instead of just the background itself. You’re also not limited to using Zoom’s preset virtual backgrounds. You can add your own images and videos by clicking on the Plus Sign icon next to Video Filters. A drop-down menu will appear, giving you two options: Add Image or Add Video. Choosing either will open your PC’s File Explorer so that you can select an image or video file from your computer. Once you’ve picked a background, simply exit the Settings menu. Zoom will automatically save your selection. If you don’t want to add a virtual background but simply want to make your actual background less noticeable or just hide it a bit, you can also blur your background. To do so, just navigate to the same Virtual Backgrounds tab in the Background & Filters section of the Zoom settings menu, and choose the Blur thumbnail option. It’s also worth mentioning that Zoom’s Virtual Background feature is optimized to function better with the use of a green screen. You can use the feature without a green screen, but if you have one, the quality is expected to be better. If you plan on using a green screen, be sure to tick the box next to the phrase I Have a Green Screen in the Background & Filters settings page to get the most out of your virtual background.

Amisha_3-1629177979267.jpeg

You can set your virtual background while you’re in a meeting as well. To do so, click on the upward-facing arrow within the Start (or Stop) Video Camera icon. In the menu that appears, select Choose Virtual Background. This will take you to the same Background & Filters menu from earlier.

More fun: How to add a filter to your Zoom video

Virtual backgrounds aren’t the only way to jazz up your Zoom meetings. Your backgrounds can also be adorned with a wide variety of preset Zoom filters. Here’s how to use them:

Step 1: Access the Background & Filters section of the Zoom Settings menu, as we did earlier.

Amisha_4-1629178113900.jpeg

Step 2: Select the Video Filters tab, and a wide selection of Zoom preset filters will pop up on your screen. Select a filter’s thumbnail to preview what a filter would look like on your screen, and a preview will appear in the preview screen at the top of your window. For some of the image filters, the software requires your face to display correctly on screen, so they won’t appear unless your webcam is on. For example, the pizza hat filter won’t show up until it can see a head on which it can place the hat.

Step 3: Once you decide on a filter, close the Settings menu. Your chosen filter will appear automatically on screen the next time you join a Zoom meeting.

Note: Like virtual backgrounds, users have the ability to change or add a filter while a meeting is underway using a similar process. Click on the upward-facing arrow in the Start (or Stop) Video Camera icon. A menu will appear on your screen. Select Choose Video Filter, and Zoom will take you to the same Background & Filters location in your Settings menu to pick your filter.

HOW COULD I ENABLE THE BLUR BACKGROUND OPTION

What is your version of zoom ?

Hey is there a Remedy or a way for me to fix the issue? 

nitjune04_0-1650382257476.png

nitjune04_1-1650382285462.png

yes how

ok.

எனக்கு வருகுதில்லை

I did the same but it didn't work how

IT STILL DOSENT WORK! AND BY THE WAY IM A TEN YEAR OLD AND IV BEEN ON ZOOM SINCE I WAS SEVEN! I DONT HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD VIDEO BACKGROUNDS AND I DONT HAVE VIDEO BACKGROUNDS...  I DONT HAVE THE OPTION TO BLUR NOT EVEN WHEN SINGNED IN!

MY COMPUTER IS A WINDOWS SEVEN UPDATED TO A WINDOWS TEN... I HAVE THE NEWEST ZOOM UPDATE.... and it still dosent work (

have a windows 7 updated to a windows ten have the newest zoom update and i dont have bluur, nor video backgrounds. i cant even have a green screen!

its my dream to have video backgrounds
please help a 10 year olds dream come true!) plese help a ten year olds dream come tru!

This answer seems to point to a Linux solution yet then goes on to use screenshots from a machine that is definitely not Linux.

If you are on Linux, please note the discrepancy below and ignore this non-solution.

In Step 1 - the screenshot shows Ubuntu (Gnome) Zoom settings "Virtual background"

In step 3 - the screenshot shows Ubuntu (Gnome) Zoom settings "Background and Filters"

That screenshot in step 3 is clearly not on a Linux machine and hence the rest of the document isn't valid for Linux. 

ISHANPaul
Listener

I CANT USE BLUR OPTION WHY?

can you screenshot ?

Ansel
Listener

my problem is, I can't add video background.

Ohkawa

This is probably because your account administrator has not allowed you to add it.

Ohkawa_1-1629265007709.png

2021-08-19 07_38_57-My Settings - Zoom.pngthere is no upload custom backgrounds

Ohkawa

Hi, Ansel

Video virtual backgrounds can be added from the desktop client application.
This is because it depends on the performance of the device.

Ohkawa_1-1648001174735.png

If Add Video is not displayed, it means that the device is not powerful enough to be used.

Hey, is there a Remedy or a way for me to fix the issue? 

nitjune04_0-1650383387606.pngnitjune04_1-1650383389530.png

Ohkawa

@nitjune04 , Unfortunately, your PC's CPU is a Generation 5 Corei5, so it does not seem to be supported.

Ohkawa_0-1650415481660.png

2C-Abyan
Listener

how to get a blur option and a video option

Iscanlon
Listener

Is my computer specs supported for video backgrounds?

FlyDun
Listener

Zoom does not support 4K videos or higher resolution videos as backgrounds.

You can use FineCam to load 4K videos as backgrounds. FineCam processes the video and then outputs it to Zoom.

FineCam can turn your iPhone into a webcam.