cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the participants webcam when share screen and start a PPT in presentation mode

mager125
Listener

Hello,
I think I said it all in the subject line but here goes in order:

• I enter my Zoom meeting. I am a host.
  • I start screen sharing by choosing the PowerPoint application
  • Then I start my PowerPoint presentation
  • Then the window in which I usually see the participants, ie their camera, disappears under the PPT presentation. Normally, it should remain above the other windows.

Has someone already had this problem? Could someone help me with this?

Thanks,

PS: I am using the very last version of Zoom, always up to date and, I am using OSX Monterry.

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi mager125,

This sounds like your view has changed to full-screen mode. You should see a "view" button in the top right that will allow you to exit the full-screen.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Thank you ChrisO,

Normally, when we start a PowerPoint presentation in Presenter mode, the PowerPoint application becomes full screen on both screens. This usually does not prevent viewing of participants' webcams. A small window displaying the webcams floats above. The problem is that now it doesn't show up anymore, and all the settings seem to allow it.

I do not have a Mac to test on, but the behavior you are describing is the behavior of Full-screen mode when using single monitor mode. Are you using the dual monitor setting in the client?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***