cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find my recording

Hideandseek
Listener

I believe I recorded locally! I think a pop-up opened at the end of my Zoom meeting to show me where to save this file.

Now I am searching for that file, and can't seem to find it, even after searching under "Quick Access"-->"Downloads". 

I also looked under Cloud Recordings just in case. But nothing there either.

Can you please help!

4 REPLIES 4

domhnall
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi there,

I hope the information on this page can help you - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206277393-Finding-and-viewing-local-recordings#h_01EH8JJJ9....

It outlines the default locations where your local Zoom meeting recordings are stored.

Please check if the recording is located in the Zoom folder within your 'My Documents' folder. That support page also describes how to check if you have a non-default recording location configured ('How to view or change the default file location for local recordings').

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Domhnall

It's not in the documents, nor do I see an "Open" button on the Local Recordings tab under Settings. I see I am to click on "Open", but there is nothing. Here is the screenshot:

Hideandseek_1-1667853767949.png

Jameswalter
Participant

Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
Click your profile picture then click Settings.
Click Recording.
Click one of these options beside Local Recording: Click Open to open the folder where your local recordings are stored.

Hope this helps,
James

Hideandseek
Listener

Hi James, thanks for your response. I don't see Open beside Local Recording. 

It is also not saved under my Documents --> Zoom folder. 

Could it be possibly a bug, and how do we fix it? It was an important meeting.