cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CANT CHANGE MY NAME ON REGISTRED MEETINGS

Valeri03
Listener

Hello! I created a zoom account because of classes at university but I have a big problem. The professor uses the registration before a meeting, I put my name COMPLETELY when I register for the meetings, but when I enter into the meeting I just can see my first name, but not my surname and that's important! And I can't change it during the meeting, also in my zoom profile I have my name, I don't understand what is wrong! The teacher said that he is going to discount points on my next practices if I don't put my whole name!!!! 😞 Please someone helps me

2 REPLIES 2

AnthonyEnglish
Listener

The host has the option to allow participants to change their name or not.

You could try changing your name (and your display name) before you join the meeting.

See if this document helps.

And if you want, watch this video I created on how to change your name.

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Valeri03,

If you have created a Zoom account, and if you are registering for the Meeting with that same account, your attendance may be using your name from your Zoom profile - rather than the name you input when you registered for the Meeting.

Check https://zoom.us/profile to see what you have specified there.

If that doesn't work, and if the Meeting you are joining does NOT require you to be actually logged into the client, try  logging out of the Zoom client and then joining the Meeting with your join link.  That might make Zoom pick up your name as you actually entered it when you registered for the Meeting.

If that doesn't work, try re-registering for the Meeting under a different email - or by putting your whole name in the first name field - just to see if that makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

Rupert