cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use an iphone as a document camera on Zoom meeting?

dreamsonschedul
Listener

Would like to use smart phone as a document camera to show what I am drawing in my lesson plan to my audience. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should have option to share screen and choose "Iphone with cable," once you do, anything you do on your phone will be visible in the meeting. Make sure that on your zoom screen you choose the square for your iPhone and choose spotlight, that will make that the dominant picture for everyone on the call provided all are using recent version of zoom.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kennethholden
Listener

Mac or PC? Mac opens some easy potential.

Under share screen, "advanced," share screen from second camera. You can make your iPhone mount as second camera.

How do I indicate that the iphone is a second camera? Thanks!!!

dreamsonschedul
Listener

My computer is a PC laptop.

You should have option to share screen and choose "Iphone with cable," once you do, anything you do on your phone will be visible in the meeting. Make sure that on your zoom screen you choose the square for your iPhone and choose spotlight, that will make that the dominant picture for everyone on the call provided all are using recent version of zoom.

Samanthasheldon
Listener

When you go to Share Screen, you should have an option on the basic tab to select iPhone/iPad. It will be a screen mirroring, so I would suggest having your camera app open, and from there you would be able to display the drawing you want. Another option is using a second webcam to display content from a second camera (this can be found in the Advanced Tab in screen sharing). This option might have a cleaner, more polished look to it. 

RodrigoMuñoz
Listener

For more advanced usage and to get rid of gridlines and other overlays from the camera app you can use the Shoot app from Squares.tv or the Filmic Pro app, which both give a clean image on the iphone that can be mirrored. 

You can then do screen mirroring via Airplay to your Mac, like casting from an Android phone to a PC. 

To give your PC the superpower of Airplay you can install the Airserver program in your PC, turning your PC into a device that iPhones and Macs can mirror their screens to. 

Doro1
Listener

Hi there,

Using an iPhone (as a document camera) with a macBook in Zoom is very simple, because you can share your screen with iPhone/ipad by airplay or by cable.

Using an iPad instead of a Macbook? there is no option to share the screen with an iPhone.

What for?:

we want to make a Zoom conference with our grandchildren per iPad with zoom.

the document camera (iPhone) shows a reading/picture book, which is under the document camera ("streamed").

The "stream" of the document camera should be shared in zoom, 

so that the grandchildren can see the reading/picture book in full size and grandma/grandpa in a little window.

Do you have any hint for this use case?

thx a lot

Doro1

(Germany)

Sorry, I don't know, which "Select Location" would be the best.