cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Personal Meeting ID with out a waiting room?

brihi51
Listener

Hi,

Zoom seems to force a waiting room for users when they join a meeting using "Personal Meeting ID".

I deselected the "Personal Meeting ID" and selected "Passcode" option when creating a Meeting with "Personal Meeting ID" but the system still forces the waiting room onto the users.

How can we use the "Personal Meeting ID" without having a waiting room?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Zoom require that all meetings are secured with one of the following security options: a passcode, Waiting Room, or "Only authenticated users can join meetings". If no security option is enabled, Zoom will secure all meetings with Waiting Room.

You can enable the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) Passcode option in the Zoom portal. Make sure you enable to "Embed passcode in invite link for on-click join"

Additionally, you can by-pass waiting rooms by authenticating users based upon then being signed into the Zoom desktop client.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060549492-Allowing-only-authenticated-users-in-meetings

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RobF

Zoom require that all meetings are secured with one of the following security options: a passcode, Waiting Room, or "Only authenticated users can join meetings". If no security option is enabled, Zoom will secure all meetings with Waiting Room.

You can enable the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) Passcode option in the Zoom portal. Make sure you enable to "Embed passcode in invite link for on-click join"

Additionally, you can by-pass waiting rooms by authenticating users based upon then being signed into the Zoom desktop client.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060549492-Allowing-only-authenticated-users-in-meetings

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request