cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off notifications for non-Zoom calendar events?

John_M
Listener

Hi, Zoom Community,
I get Zoom pop-up notifications on my Windows 10 desktop for every event on my Google calendar. I only want Zoom to notify me about Zoom events. How can I turn off Zoom's notifications for the non-Zoom events??
Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20

KariH
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Same problem here!!!  Where is the solution???

Rosetwig
Listener

I have the same problem in MacOS -- I'm seeing non-Zoom events from my Google Calendar showing up as scheduled meetings in Zoom. Verrrrrry annoying. Anyone else dealing with this issue? Thanks.

teacher123
Listener

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? It's driving me bananas!

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

Please send a screenshot of what you are experiencing so that we may better understand and find a solution. Thank you! 

Carla, 
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

teacher123_0-1675890944070.png

Here is an example.  I have a regular task or meeting on my google calendar, but I get a pop up zoom notification on my screen as a reminder.  All of my events do this even though they are not zoom meetings.  No matter what I'm doing on my computer I get the notification.  Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply.

How do you send a screenshot of a noise?

The problem: When Zoom is integrated with a calendar (e.g. Google in my case), there is a notification sound for everyon NON-Zoom event. 

As an online therapist, this is NOT ok. But I need the integration for my client bookings.

So many of us are requesting this. Please do something... It can't be that hard?? 

Rosetwig
Listener

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 11.59.48 AM.png

Carla,

In the screen shot above, the event "Chance to come over" is a doggie play date, not a Zoom meeting. Basically, the way I think Google Calendar integration ought to work is that Zoom should only show upcoming events from my Google calendar that actually have a Zoom meeting link attached to them. Doesn't this make sense?

Thanks, Laurance

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Rosetwig @teacher123!

After reaching out to our subject matter experts, I can confirm that this is expected behavior. The calendar and contacts integration integrates your entire calendar into the Zoom client. If you would only like meeting reminders for Zoom events, then you should disable the calendar and contacts integration in your Zoom profile.

Here's how: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Using-calendar-and-contacts-integration

If you would like to see this feature in the future I encourage you to submit this idea within our https://zoom.us/feed submission form! The information will be passed along to the relevant product team for review.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Please allow us to TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS for NON-ZOOM calendar events. Or at least turn the sound off.  URGENTLY needed as I am a therapist and they pop up in the middle of sessions and I have no way to control it. Thank you.

jeremybsinger
Listener

While I am giving zoom presentations, I am constantly getting popup notifications from Zoom's email client, with no way to turn them off.

The only solution that Zoom gives me is to sever connection with the email client and calendar, an contacts completely, which means there is no zoom integration at all.

Zoom should be able to understand when a notification is coming from zoom.  I consider this a bug.

My audience should not be seeing popups from Facebook, medical appointments, etc. while I am giving a Zoom presentation.

Again, I consider this a Zoom bug.

Hi @jeremybsinger are you referring to Using the Zoom Mail client?

You can turn off push notifications, clicking into the Mail tab within the Zoom Client, settings Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 1.27.55 PM.png, email preferences, general, push notifications: off. 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 1.28.50 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

jppazsoldan
Listener

What just started happening to me (MacOS) is that Zoom sends non-Zoom push notifications from my calendar in the Notification Center (which show as a message in the right upper part of the screen).  The Mac calendar is synced with my Google Calendar, an as Zoom also is synced, I assume this is why this happens. 

I want to KEEP Zoom (events) synced so it shows Google Calendar Zoom meetings inside Zoom (that allows you to connect to the link from within Zoom) but STOP Zoom from sending notifications to MacOS (via my synced Google Calendar) of non-Zoom events.  As this creates a double notification, it has to be considered a bad design of a feature. Even some Zoom users may want this (can't imagine why as you either want calendar notifications or not, but never duplicated notifications), there should be a way to just leave Zoom events notifications (OK if those appear twice as the Google Calendar will send them too). Can you do this?

Audrea
Listener

This is just ridiculous that Zoom has not fixed this yet.  Who thinks that we would want Zoom to give us pop up notifications of EVERY event in our Outlook or Google Calendars?  That is what my calendar is for!!!  What is even weirder for me is that I do not have Outlook synced inside the zoom settings under mail, yet I still get them!  HOW?  WHY?  I want to SCREAM!!!!  Zoom, please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louisen
Listener

100% This is very annoying. Every other calendar app has focus options. I don't want notification pop ups all the time and should be able to control what I see and don't see. 

Amen. This is driving me crazy. I will have to unlink my google calendar if this continues, which I would hate to do for obvious reason. PLEASE ALLOW US TO TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS FOR NON-ZOOM MEETINGS.

Starter0861
Listener

Agreed, this is absurd.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

I understand how frustrating it can be to receive non-Zoom-related notifications. Unfortunately, the notifications for your calendar events are all or nothing on the Zoom side, and there is currently no feature or toggle to adjust this. A feature request for this capability is on our future roadmap. We do not have an ETA at the moment, but rest assured, we are taking your feedback into consideration!

I appreciate your patience.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

DawnHolly
Listener

So after 30 min of searching the internet and the Zoom FAQs, I still haven't found an simple instruction to turn these darn notifications off!

SIMPLE ANSWER:

go to your Profile (https://zoom.us/profile )

scroll to the very bottom and under OTHER you can delete your calendar integration with Zoom.

scubadiva
Listener

I agree 100%. This is a vital option. As an online therapist, the "pinging" of a non-Zoom event is disruptive. Please, please add this option.