cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off live transcript/subtitles/captions showing when presenter mode in PPT?

cdiroff
Listener

The transcript/subtitles/captions are only showing when a certain participant shares her screen and is in presenter mode in Powerpoint. It picks up only what she says, live. Only in slide presenter mode. Said it happens in Teams calls too. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For some reason, we didn't have a closed captioning (CC) button as participants or as host. Zoom versions were up-to-date, too.

I did find the solution though: this specific participant had subtitles enabled in Microsoft PowerPoint. Once she unchecked that box in PowerPoint, they went away! This explains why there were showing automatically in both Teams and Zoom.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! This setting is in each participants personal view, meaning each individual can either turn on or turn off (enable/disable) the captioning. Please see this support article to reference this function. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403492514829-Viewing-closed-captioning-live-transcription

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

For some reason, we didn't have a closed captioning (CC) button as participants or as host. Zoom versions were up-to-date, too.

I did find the solution though: this specific participant had subtitles enabled in Microsoft PowerPoint. Once she unchecked that box in PowerPoint, they went away! This explains why there were showing automatically in both Teams and Zoom.

YaBoiB

@cdiroff

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for providing the solution to this issue. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

yeah, I have heard of zoom AI companion but I haven't tried it

YaBoiB

Hello @saisai1224

It is great. My team has been using it to form email summaries of issues or customer inquiries that we produce. We will put ourselves in a meeting, enable AIC (Smart summary) talk out our thoughts > wait for the summary to process > edit and send internally or externally. It is a great way to sort out your thoughts on a subject or troubleshoot an issue. There are many other factors, it can be a memory guide to add to your notes, and I am sure there are use cases that I have not even thought of yet that other Zoom customers are using this for. Give it a try and post your feedback. We would love to hear it. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion