cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test out a poll before launching it in a scheduled meeting

Karen_dc
Listener

I'm new to using polling and am trying to figure out how I can see the polls I've created for an upcoming meeting before going live with the real meeting.  I am not clear on whether I can launch that meeting now (though it's not scheduled for several weeks), not ping any invitees, and see the poll, log off and then just launch it again on the right day and time? Or is there another way to test out my polls? Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can absolutely launch the meeting now and test the polls without anyone in attendance. The only issue is that as the host you cannot see the participants view of the poll, so if you want to see what they see, you would need to join from a 2nd device as a participant. But doing so will give you great insights in how it looks for you and for participants of your poll. 

Later when the meeting is actually scheduled, you can launch the meeting again and start the poll as if the first session never happened. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

You can absolutely launch the meeting now and test the polls without anyone in attendance. The only issue is that as the host you cannot see the participants view of the poll, so if you want to see what they see, you would need to join from a 2nd device as a participant. But doing so will give you great insights in how it looks for you and for participants of your poll. 

Later when the meeting is actually scheduled, you can launch the meeting again and start the poll as if the first session never happened. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

events
Listener

Can you offer some guidance on testing polls in Zoom webinar? If I join as a participant from another device, would I have to start the meeting to see it or can I still view it as a participant, in the practice session? Thanks in advance!