cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reuse old Personal Meeting ID at new company?

Bxx
Listener

I've recently changed companies.  At my old company, I'd set my Personal Meeting ID to my (personal) mobile number.   I find that, even though my Zoom account with my old company should have been closed, I cannot set up my new company's Zoom account with this same ID.  Since my old account is no longer active, I feel the new account should be able to see this as a unique ID.  Any thoughts?  

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, this should be possible, but there is a likely explanation of why you cannot reuse that meeting ID. 

Likely when you left the last company, they deactivated your profile, rather than deleting it. This essentially puts that profile on ice and freezes all meetings and other info. While that account and all associated meetings are frozen, those IDs cannot be used by other accounts. This would mean that you would need to request your old company either delete your old profile or to reactivate it and manually change your PMI, either of which would free up your mobile number to be used as your new PMI. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks, but in my case, I completely canceled my previous company's Zoom account several days ago, then opened up a personal Zoom Pro account. Similarly, I can't use my phone number as my PMI even though the company's Zoom account no longer exists.

How can i get the number made available again?