cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove cameras from drop down list from video camera setting in Zoom App.

shahbaz63
Listener

I have uninstalled both the camera option (Snap & Xpression) but they still show in the drop-down list. Does anyone have info on how to remove these cameras from the drop-down list? #curious

Refer the attached image for more detail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Iris
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

In this case, maybe the cameras did not uninstall successfully. If you are using mac, can you please please check below file path to see if the cameras are there: /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Iris

Hello ,

After you have uninstalled these two cameras, have you tried to sign out and re-sign in?

Yes, I have even uninstalled the Zoom app & reinstalled it, didn't work. 

Bort

Hi @shahbaz63 , 

After uninstalling those virtual cameras, have you restarted your computer? Often those devices are not fully removed from the system until a restart has been done. 

Yes, that didn't work. 

Iris

Hello,

In this case, maybe the cameras did not uninstall successfully. If you are using mac, can you please please check below file path to see if the cameras are there: /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL

Thank you, Iris - it worked. 

Hi @Iris 

Please give a solution for windows users.

Thanks

Thanks, this was very helpful. It worked.

Hi, can you please tell me where to type in the path that you mentioned? I'm using a Mac. Thank you.

Iris

Hello, please refer to my screen shot. I hope this will help you. Thank you.

Iris_0-1642490104114.png

Boom! That totally worked! Thank you so much!

Thank you that was a good suggestion.

/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL,都删除,卸应用,安装,有效 谢谢你

Could you provide a solution on Mac BigSur OS? the path is not available using this method. I thank you in advance for your continued support,

Hi, I'm using Mac and Ventura. I tried going to this folder, and I know how to get to the /Library, but there is no CoreMediaIO folder in the /Library.  Would you please provide a solution for this situation?  Thanks.

I can't say anything about the folder you were addressing, but  my problem was fixed after going through all the folder paths mentioned in the article here: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/uninstall-delete-apps-from-mac

• ~/Library/Application Support

• ~/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter

• ~/Library/Caches

• ~/Library/Containers

• ~/Library/Cookies

• ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

• ~/Library/Logs

• ~/Library/Preferences

• ~/Library/Saved Application State

• /Library/Caches

I tried the same. I have uninstalled the software, restarted my Mac, uninstalled/reinstalled Zoom and the uninstalled camera still shows up. I even cleaned my PRAM.

😅BUT THEN THIS HELPED:

UPDATE 8/28/2023: 

Was able to resolve the issue by removing it from local caches and other areas: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/uninstall-delete-apps-from-mac 

Found file traces in those folders that did not show up during the uninstallation nor were they picked up by CleanMyMac's uninstaller or search for keywords. 

Problem solved. 

Hello Iris,

How do I remove virtual cameras like VMix and OBS from a Windows PC? Thanks.

eddytajib
Listener

my caM IS not working

😭

post and done is still not working help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

NigeI
Listener

Is there a similar solution for windows users?

Gasp_
Listener

This question has been asked several times and not answered. I am a windows user. What can I do to remove a camera? I use the Canon webcam utility and I cannot remove an older version from Zoom. It keeps showing up as one of my cameras and I believe it may be blocking the new version.  It keeps showing up as the default choice for a camera.

MarcJ1
Listener

Was there any solution to this exact problem for Windows OS?  I am trying to get rid of a beta version of a Canon DLSR utility (EOS Webcam Utility Beta) and remove one of two OBS cameras.

For OBS at least I saw that there's a bat file you can run in the obs-studio folder to uninstall (likely will need to run as admin).  Here's the full path that i see in my windows install of OBS: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\win-dshow\virtualcam-uninstall.bat