cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a personal meeting in my account that i did not create

mariechild
Listener

I recently noticed a personal room was created on my account, that i did not create.  I discovered it when an unknown device attempted to join the call/personal meeting.  I immediately checked to see what meeting it was trying to join when I got the notification, and that's when i discovered i have personal meeting setup unbeknownst to me.  How do i remove or delete it.  There is not delete option.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mariechild,

Are you referring to the "Personal Meeting ID" also referred to as a PMI?  Every Zoom user is initially given a PMI when the Zoom account is set up, and there are settings you can make to secure it from anyone else joining it without your permission.

Specifically, if you do not want a PMI, go to Settings, then the default Meeting tab, and scroll down to find the Enable Personal Meeting ID which again is enabled by default:

Ray_Harwood_0-1668982269325.png

Change that switch from Enabled (blue) to Disabled (grey), and your PMI will no longer be in effect.

If you'd prefer to have a PMI -- as many people do -- you can change settings as follows:

1. On your Meetings menu, click the Personal Room tab.
    Ray_Harwood_1-1668982811659.png
  2. Scroll down and click the Edit button near the bottom:
    Ray_Harwood_2-1668982869641.png
  3. Change PMI settings as needed, and click Save when done:
    Ray_Harwood_4-1668983010972.png

For your security, I recommend disabling "Allow participants to join anytime", which would prevent anyone from entering the PMI room if you have not started the PMI meeting.

Many of the details about the PMI are contained in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362843-What-is-Personal-Meeting-ID-PMI-and-Personal-Lin...

Note that the information about the "personal link" is only applicable to Business accounts and higher.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

mariechild
Listener

Well, i want to delete the personal room altogether, not just the ID.  I want to remove it because I'm not sure how it got added and an unknown user attempted to join the call.  I quickly changed the invite link, PMI and the passcode.  But, i want to remove it permanently and i dont see the option to do that. Im afraid if i disable the PMI, it will disable it for all meetings?!

Ray_Harwood

Disabling the Personal Meeting ID, as shown in the first part of my reply above, does in effect "delete" the room.  Follow that process of disabling the Personal Meeting ID switch, and you'll be set.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !