cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent auto-resizing of Zoom window in MacOS

kurtwheeler
Listener

I often want Zoom to take up half my screen. Whenever I open the chat in a meeting, instead of resizing the elements within the zoom window to create room for the chat window, the entire Zoom window resizes, adding on the width to display the chat. When I close the chat, instead of the video getting larger to fill the extra space, then entire Zoom window contracts.

How can I disable this behavior? I want the Zoom window to stay the exact same size whether I have the chat open or not.

5 REPLIES 5

SamHudsonFN
Listener

I have exactly the same frustrations. Would love for the window size to stay fixed.

AlexWhileWorkin
Listener

I would also like to see this behavior change, or be given the option to change it. But I'm doubtful this will ever be addressed by Zoom. Seeing as this is an issue on Mac, and a big part of the Apple ethos is "we only offer one way to do things, learn to love it", I suspect Zoom will take the same approach.

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

christaylorubc
Listener

This happens in Windows 11 as well. I am using an ultrawide monitor and when opening the chat:

1. Window size increases
  2. Window shifts a few pixels sideways. 

Can confirm that this is also a Windows issue. I can't stand that it does this. Every time I open/close the chat I have to reposition/resize the zoom widow. 

PowellJ
Listener

Kurt, not sure if you'll see this but I'm going to create another discussion to include Windows unless you can update this discussion to include both and update the subject to include "chat".