cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a local recording to the Zoom cloud.

JimH
Listener

I mistakenly recorded a Zoom meeting to my local computer, an Apple Mac.  How can I move this recording to the Zoom Cloud with my other Zoom recordings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JimH and @MarcyHarris! It is not currently possible to move a local recording to the Zoom cloud. However, as a workaround, you could playback the local recording in a new meeting and record that meeting to the cloud. Yet, you might be compromising video quality and resolution with this workaround. Hope this helps!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MarcyHarris
Listener

I have the same problem, I recorded to my computer but I need it to be in the cloud so that I can share it with the others on the call.  Is this possible?

Hi @JimH and @MarcyHarris! It is not currently possible to move a local recording to the Zoom cloud. However, as a workaround, you could playback the local recording in a new meeting and record that meeting to the cloud. Yet, you might be compromising video quality and resolution with this workaround. Hope this helps!

Bri
Zoom Community Team

Has Zoom been able to make this a possibility yet?

JoyfulWarrior
Listener

I did the same thing, saved to my laptop by accident. Has zoom come up with a way for us to transfer recordings onto the cloud?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JoyfulWarrior

At the moment, it is not possible to upload a local recording to the Zoom cloud. 

However, you can share your local recording with others by uploading it to a third-party cloud storage or content/learning management platform such as Dropbox or Google Drive. 

@Bri's workaround is also a great option!

Carla
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team