cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit audio recording?

cconcordia
Listener

How can I edit an audio recording? I couldn't even locate this in either cloud or local recordings.  I would need a representative to guide me, please.  Thanks.

Cynthia

1 REPLY 1

bradpendleton
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi Cynthia,

Sorry to hear of the confusion today, but I’ll be happy to help!

You can edit a Zoom Cloud Recording from within your Zoom account opened in a web browser.

Here are the steps to do so:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
  3. Click the meeting topic for the session that you want to trim, then click the thumbnail of the video.
  4. Click scissor icon ✂️ (Trim) located on the lower right-hand side of the video window (see attached image)
  5. Use the blue sliders to specify the start time and the end time for the trimmed recording. 
    Note: While content is being trimmed (which may take some time), viewers with access to the recording will not be able to view it.
  6. (Optional) Use these options to add or delete sections to the trimmed recording:
    • To add more sections to the trim, hover over the playback bar, then click the plus icon 

.  Use the blue sliders to specify the start time and the end time for the new section. Repeat this section as needed to add more sections.
    • To delete a section of the trim, hover over a trim (blue section of the recording playback bar), then click Remove.
  7. Click Trim.
    You will see a notification below the video stating that your recording is currently being trimmed. Note: When the recording is done trimming, you will receive an email notification if enabled. Also, you must reload the page to view the trimmed recording.
  8. In the Zoom web portal, where the individual recording is located, click 

Copy shareable link to share the trimmed recording with others.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.