cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable video for all participants except host?

katiaH
Listener

Hello! I was wondering is it possible in zoom for small businesses plan (not Events & Webinars plan) to cut off the video of all participants except the host? So that they only see 1 person speaking on their screen + chat?

Thank you in advance for any help with it!

Katia

4 REPLIES 4

Jhez
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can definitely do this. 

1. Start a Zoom meeting as the host or co-host.
  2. On the controls toolbar, click Security 
  3. Under "Allow participants to:", uncheck both Start Video and Chat

I would also recommend spotlighting the host so that the attendees will see the host during active speaker view.

You may refer to these articles: In meeting security options and Spotlighting participants videos.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

With the allow participants to "start video" and "Unmute Themselves" disabled - can I as host allow specific individuals to unmute/start video? 

You can ask a participant to unmute and they then have the ability to unmute themselves. Video is harder. The only way that I have been able to do this in a meeting is to have video control diabled for all, then send a chat to one participant to tell them to turn on their video, enable video for all and then, after your selected participant's video is live, disable video control again. A bit of a kludge and les than ideal, but it works. 

jsmall1
Listener

If those settings are unchecked, then will cohosts continue to be able to turn on audio and video? Also, will regular  participants still be able to raise their hand?