cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Zoom reminders of non-Zoom Outlook calendar entries?

GJakobsche
Listener

If enabled, Zoom displays reminders (notifications) of upcoming Zoom meetings, which is nice. However, Zoom also displays reminders of non-Zoom calendar events from Outlook. (See screenshot of example.) Outlook provides its own reminders. I don't want double reminders of non-Zoom calendar events. How can I turn off the Zoom reminders of non-Zoom Outlook calendar events?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @GJakobsche 

Unfortunately, the notifications for your calendar events are all of nothing on the Zoom-side. If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. It may be possible to configure notifications for just events with a Zoom meeting and ignore events without meeting details, but I am no engineer. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

Hi @GJakobsche 

Unfortunately, the notifications for your calendar events are all of nothing on the Zoom-side. If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. It may be possible to configure notifications for just events with a Zoom meeting and ignore events without meeting details, but I am no engineer. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

This only started about a month ago.  Prior to that I only got zoom notifications for zoom meetings.  Was this part of a recent update?

If so, I wish the engineers would revert the software back to the previous behavior. At least product management should have asked if we want the change.

The solution does not tell me how to turn off all notifications - can you provide the details for that?

Ultimately this needs to be decoupled. Will result in decrease of uptake of the feature which is something I'm sure the Zoom product managers don't want.

Did you figure this out?  I just did.  Log into zoom.us, go to Profile, scroll down to Calendar and Contacts Integration and delete your calendar connection, but you will no longer receive reminders for Zoom meetings in your calendar.

Thanks. You are correct, that one can completely decouple Zoom from a calendar (ex. Outlook), but I like having all my calendar entries in one place, that place being Outlook, not Zoom. That is, I like having Outlook keep track of when my Zoom meetings are schedule for, so I do not double-book a time slot. And, I would like a uniform type of reminder (from Outlook) of all my meetings - Zoom and non-Zoom. From the other comments in this thread, it seems others feel the same way.

-George

catwill1969
Listener

Agree.  Wish the non-Zoom items were left out of the Zoom notification system.

motorbikematt
Listener

Wishing this were addressed too.

BillyBishop
Listener

With the increase in general use and acceptance of Microsoft Teams, if Zoom doesn't fix this ASAP, my company will be cancelling all accounts. The clock is ticking on this, Zoom!