cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Simultaneously Record Two Versions of a Meeting (when interpretation is being used)

joelminor
Listener

I am the manager of a state government agency that is convening a series of public meetings where simultaneous interpretation is available.  We are conducting the meetings in English and Spanish using Zoom's simultaneous interpretation feature.

We would like to make recordings of the meetings available in both English and Spanish.  However, there does not appear to be a way to simultaneously record in both languages from one device.  When we attempt to record the meeting from two different devices, with one device recording in the English channel and one in the Spanish channel, we are not able to do so.   The system appears to default to do a single recording (which has always been the English channel).  This single "master recording" happened even when we tried to record onto two different devices, with one recording to the cloud and the other to a local hard drive.

Is there a way for us to do two separate, simultaneous recordings of the same zoom meeting, with one in English and one in Spanish?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joelminor
Listener

Hi Jason,

This didn't quite answer my question, but put me on the right track to solving the problem -- thank you!

It turns out that the problem was that both computers trying to do the recording at the same time were co-hosts.  Zoom would only allow one co-host to record the meeting.  When we made the computer that was doing the Spanish recording a normal participant, we were able to enable its ability to do a local recording rather than a cloud recording, and we were then able to record the English and Spanish channel simultaneously (with the English channel recorded by a co-host to the cloud, and the Spanish channel recorded by a "normal" participant locally).

Problem solved, just in time for our next public meeting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jasond
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @joelminor ,

Welcome to Zoom Community!

Regarding your question, Cloud recordings of interpretation sessions will only record the original audio of the meeting or webinar, not the translations. Local recordings of interpretation sessions will record any audio the person recording can hear, but not multiple audio channels.

For details, please refer to the following support document.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034919791-Using-Language-Interpretation-in-your-meeting...

Regards,

Jason

joelminor
Listener

Hi Jason,

This didn't quite answer my question, but put me on the right track to solving the problem -- thank you!

It turns out that the problem was that both computers trying to do the recording at the same time were co-hosts.  Zoom would only allow one co-host to record the meeting.  When we made the computer that was doing the Spanish recording a normal participant, we were able to enable its ability to do a local recording rather than a cloud recording, and we were then able to record the English and Spanish channel simultaneously (with the English channel recorded by a co-host to the cloud, and the Spanish channel recorded by a "normal" participant locally).

Problem solved, just in time for our next public meeting!

Jasond
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @joelminor ,

Great to hear you have fixed the issue! Thanks for the update.

Wish you have a successful event!

Jason

Hi! Thanks to this answer we have figured out how to record both versions (one to the cloud and one to a device), but have one more question that I can't find the answer to.

The person recording to their device with the interpretation activated will also have speaker view activated so that participants are not part of the recording. Will the main speaker still show up for them, or will speaker view mean that they can only see (and therefore record) the interpreter who is speaking? Thanks!

Hello

6 months later, are there some new functionalities that allow doble recording at the same time (in 2 different languages)? 

I really need one recording of both screen + audio in French (master language) and an other with screen + audio in English (simultaneous translation)

If I record with host session the French session, will a normal participant be able to record locally both screen + audio? Is there another solution now?

Thanks a lot

One detail : I talk about zoom conference, not zoom meeting... 

We don't see how to record with the attendee profile (no button)

Thanks a lot

Jasond
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @b00007741 ,

Sorry, but it is currently still only the host can record to the cloud and no local recording either.

Regards,

Jason