cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Save Recurring Meeting credentials in ZOOM

ezpzDUDE
Listener

Does anyone know how to save the meeting credentials (in ZOOM) for a recurring meeting that I am invited to please?  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Zoom doesn't handle meeting details for sessions you are invited to, only those you schedule yourself. 

A workaround would be to save those meeting details to your calendar system and integrate that calendar with your Zoom account, which would allow all of your upcoming meetings (created by you or something you were just invited to) are displayed in the desktop and mobile app (although not in the web portal). 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Bort

Zoom doesn't handle meeting details for sessions you are invited to, only those you schedule yourself. 

A workaround would be to save those meeting details to your calendar system and integrate that calendar with your Zoom account, which would allow all of your upcoming meetings (created by you or something you were just invited to) are displayed in the desktop and mobile app (although not in the web portal). 

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I also use Zoom Chat with myself, to keep notes of meeting details and other useful things. This means any device where I login has my notes.

That is silly! There should be a simple way to save meeting passcodes and passwords directly in the Zoom app. Seems pretty simple. 

this is super silly! I cannot believe that there in option to save recuring zoom links!!

Come one guys, why not @Anonymous ??? @Bort 

We all know that. Those calendar links are not reliable.  Have no. I sea why it's so difficult to add a favorites file. Geez Zoom. We're in the year 2022.....🤦🏻‍♀️

Bort

Hi @Sharis 

I completely understand what you are looking for in the product, but I just wanted to highlight that this is the current solution to that issue. You are welcome to submit feedback via the official form, in hopes that something that suits your specific needs is developed. 

You can always create your own calendar events with the saved information, rather than relying on other's calendar events with inaccurate meeting details. 

Creating a calendar event does nothing though. On Linux at least, Zoom will not reliably use a logged in current instance of the app when you click on a meeting link.  It will open an anonymous instance instead.  The only way you can join using an account is to MANUALLY type or paste this stuff in EVERY TIME.  Zoom is really a very amateurish operation from the end-users perspective. From the meeting organiser’s perspective, it’s a lot easier, but still surprisingly dumb at times.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@ezpzDUDE @jwlatx @loaddown @MikeZ @1ZurichMyLove1 and everyone else on this thread. Per @Bort's reply,  you would need to leverage the Client-based calendar integration which integrates the following calendars from the Zoom Client

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 3.09.03 PM.png

You can also leverage Using calendar and contacts integration. For feedback, please utilize Sending feedback to Zoom

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

ezpzDUDE
Listener

thank you Gentlemen, I will apply those suggestions!

Any update on this? We are constantly invited for meetings and some are recurring meetings. It would be great if we can save those Zoom meeting ID and passcodes.

I agree,  I attend a lot of meetings that I do not host, most of them recurring.  Because I use multiple devices I want to be able to log in to my Zoom account from any device and see what's scheduled. Although many of these meetings are on my calendar, the calendar entries don't always translate well across platforms. This is so frustrating.

ZOOM make this fix. It's frustrating and should be such a simple update! Why not make more user friendly. 

YBD
Listener

You tech people spend way too much time engineering features rarely needed or used and way too little time on the many essentials that go overlooked until enough people complain.  The problem with that approach is that most people will just tolerate the deficiency and defect to a competitor when when a better product arrives.  So, don't wait for the complaints to reach your threshold before taking action, would be my advice.

UCSketty
Listener

On windows I extract the URL from the invitation and put a shortcut onto the desktop to it.   A double-click on the shortcut takes me all the way into the meeting.

That’s great…but the point is it should be as simple a clicking a button on Zoom that’s says “save meeting”. Why a workaround? Super simple for zoom to integrate…just sayin….

i cannot believe that there is no option for that in zoom, when it so integral core business

that solution promotes a cluttered desktop.

The url link that I have for a recurring meeting still requires a manual password input. We would like a script that automates the whole login. If I hand the laptop to someone that is not proficient, I want them to just click a link.

FriEveBDA
Listener

I am surprised that no one (especially the employee) mentioned that Zoom saves the 10 most current meeting ID's on each device.  Clearly not the solution folk are looking for but a half measure. On the app's Home page, there are four buttons, one of which is "Join".  Click on that and you get a popup window with fields to enter a meeting ID and Your Name.  The latter is pre-filled. The prior has a pulldown V. click on it and the last 10 meeting ID's will appear.

This is, as I said, a half measure in that the password is not also saved.  Most of the time that was not needed or I remembered it.  Also a half measure in that this saves all meeting ID's so one you attend less often can get bumped off the bottom of the list.  And this only saves meeting ID's for meetings accessed by THAT device. You don't have access to that list from another computer/smart phone/etc.

But it is a start.

It does not do this, either anymore or on Linux.

Thank you! This is SUCH a good tip because I tried the work around the Zoom employee suggested and when I integrated my Apple and Google calendars, they only have the option for FaceTime/GoogleMeet. No place to put a link/Zoom ID info. 

stan191920
Listener

yes it is sad 🙂 zoom we love you, listen to us

KeeganELEV
Listener

I ended up going to the "contacts" sections and creating a "Channel". Then I named the channel the meeting ID that I regularly join (and named it what it was). At least then I can copy and paste that meeting ID instead of digging through messages and finding the log in credentials. Should be a simpler solution on zoom's end I would think eventually. 

MikeZ
Listener

This Would Be a nice feature.  Many of the zoom sessions I join have the same ID and Pwd.  When the host changes it they email me the link.  I would be nice to save and update.

Regards,

MikeZ

jwlatx
Listener

My workaround is using Google Keep. It is cross-platform so no matter what device I am using it is always in sync. You can create links in your notes that will take you directly into the meeting.