cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Record Meeting without Participants video & audio names being displayed?

JohnnySPK
Listener

I'm new to Zoom; I know how to invite others to a meeting without their video being turned on. However, in that case their names are displayed in smaller boxes,  showing when they're speaking.

For a meeting, if I just want to record it and only see my video & audio, as well hear the audio of the other participants but not see the smaller boxes displaying the names of the audio participants -- how to I achieve this?

Thanks for your feedback.

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JohnnySPK , you can un-show the participants name by toggling on/off the application's setting>video>always display participant's name on their videos.

Video

View your video feed and change your camera.

Camera

• Camera: Select the camera you want Zoom to use.
  • Camera settings: Select Original Ratio (usually a 4:3 aspect ratio) or HD (usually 16:9 aspect ratio), as well as Mirror my video, which will horizontally flip your video. 

My Video

• Touch up my appearance: Apply a softening effect to skin to minimize the visibility of imperfections. 
  • Adjust for low light: Improves video brightness and quality in low light surroundings. 
    • Choose between Auto (selected by default) and Manual, which provides a slider for how much you want to increase video brightness. 

• Always display participant name on their videos: Display participant's name : on their video.
  • Stop my video when joining a meeting: Automatically disable your video when joining a meeting.
  • Always show video preview dialog when joining a video meeting
  • Hide non-video participants: Hide participants' thumbnail if they don't have video enabled. Thumbnails for non-video participants display their name.
  • See myself as the active speaker while speaking: Place your video as the primary active speaker on your own screen when you speak.
  • Maximum participants displayed per screen in Gallery View
    Choose between 25 participants or 49 participants (if supported by your device)
  • Advanced: View advanced video settings

For different recording layout that you can use during meeting recordings, please refer to our KB article >>Recording layouts .

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

• Always display participant name on their videos: Display participant's name : on their video.

This setting is unchecked, but the names still appear on the recordings of my meetings. 

Any additional suggestions?

rjpiii
Listener

I have the same issue. Eager for a response from the community or Zoom.