cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect Bluetooth speaker with zoom?

SaraKarolina
Listener

82 REPLIES 82

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SaraKarolina, in the Zoom desktop client, in Settings, under Audio, you will see your Microphone and Speaker output. Ensure that the Bluetooth speaker is available and connected in the Audio settings and in-meeting. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

As you can see it is not possible to choose speaker.

Ah @SaraKarolina I see you're on mobile. Yeah, Zoom just uses the phone integrated microphone or connected Bluetooth device 

If seeing this, you can tap the speaker icon to turn it to your connected Bluetooth device (tested on iOS)

IMG_2204.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

That isn't working for me. Any other ideas? 

Pressing this only mutes and unmuted the audio SMH. Your help section SUCKS!!!

그러네요~^^~

Hi @Courtneydkeener when you have bluetooth headphones, you have the following options. Keep in mind that this is on an iOS device, as I have the following options:

• IMG_4848.png regular output (think of the audio output talking on the phone)
  • IMG_4849.JPG speaker output (think of you being on speaker phone)
  • Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 8.43.02 AM.png bluetooth audio output

  

Now, I attempted to use this with a bluetooth sound bar on iOS, but because there is no microphone input, it cannot be selected as a headphone output option.

IMG_4846.JPG

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Not working 😞 its been a year this issue still not yet resolved 

SaraKarolina
Listener

So the icon with the speaker is in the meetingrom on the top to the left? Can I just click on it? It is probably not possible to test this before a meeting? 

I have a Android Phone. I aslo have a ipad mini.

@SaraKarolina should be able to! I would suggest testing in your personal meeting room before. If connected, you should hear a little chime when unmuting and muting yourself

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have tried the above suggested steps and I can't still get audio on my Bluetooth speaker from zoom. I'm using an android mobile 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Domw9rld are your Android OS and Zoom application both up-to-date? Is your Bluetooth speaker reconfigurable by your device? If so, should be recognizable by Zoom as well. Are you able to see the little speaker icon Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.15.53 AM.png

and tap it to turn to bluetooth? Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.16.34 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I have the same issue and also use an ipad.  As you can see from the screen shot there is no speaker icon. How do I connect to Bluetooth using the iPad zoom screen please?

I'm having exactly the same problem. All last year I used Zoom with my Bose BT headphones, my LG BT earbuds, and my car BT. Around December it all broke. 

I have the speaker button, the phone speakerphone works, but when I switch it to BT it just comes out the phone earpiece. I'm trying to use it with the same BT headphones. The headphones are connected and I can play music and make phone calls through them. But Zoom no longer uses ANY BT device.

My phone (Samsung Note 20 ultra) was updated recently and is running Android 12. I just completely uninstalled Zoom, deleted all the data, and reinstalled it.

Something broke around the New Year and so far no one at Zoom seems to be getting this.

I'm having the same issue exactly as described.  Android Zoom app refuses to send audio to any bluetooth speaker that doesn't have a microphone.  It would be much better if I could listen to presentations, large group meetings, etc. via an external speaker which can achieve much higher volume than my phone device can.  I hope Zoom people can understand the rationale for this request and fix the app so it can send audio output to an external bluetooth speaker.  It'd be fine with me if it forces the microphone to mute while connected to external speaker, to avoid feedback/echo issues.

I have the same problems. Not finding the webcam, not finding headphones, not finding YouTube. The only thing we are permitted to is the camera and inbuild microfoon. It is an disaster and do not know how to solve this. I already completed re-installed but does not work either. Working on a laptop using Windows. Thank you very much for your advice

I am having the same problem as well.  The external Bose speaker was worming before and then all of a sudden stopped.  It works for all other apps when connected via Bluetooth with my iOS phone.  It is frustrating that I am not able to make it work with iPhone or my computer when using Zoom. Please help!

Where is the thumbs down button? 

Same issue on my Pixel 6 Pr0

Toggling that speaker icon results in switching between the phone's loudspeaker and the phone call speaker, even though it shows Bluetooth.

I'm using a headset, not just a speaker, that works with EVERYTHING else, does not work with zoom.

It's now July 2022, this should be fixed by now.

That supposed Bluetooth icon has an X next to it in reality…it doesn’t look like what you show here.  This is crazy!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @InspectorGadget @SaraKarolina @LynTh @Domw9rld as your cases may be unique, I would suggest contacting our Zoom technical support and they can further look into your issue. Suggest after the creation of your ticket, to share the solution that's provided. 

If you're unable to open a ticket with our Zoom support team, I can also help with that process. 😄

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi @RN I think this is a real issue and not unique to the people above. It behaves exactly as they describe for me too.

Thanks for looking into it.

Same problem, on Android 12, Zoom won't use Bluetooth speaker.   I think Zoom only works with "phone" devices not speakers.

Hi 

This is a real problem. I have the same issue. 

My earphone works fine when I listen to YouTube or another app. 

As this screenshot, you can see Zoom does connect via Bluetooth, however, the audio still comes out from my Android phone, Pixel 3 XL, rather than my earphone. 

Can you check again? Thank you 

Screenshot_20220319-100126.png

Exactly same problem I am facing. Zoom does connect via blue tooth speaker but the audio is not coming out of the blue tooth speakers.  

블루투스를 연결하면 작동되지만 줌 녹화기능을 사용할 수 없는듯

Not unique! I have had the exact same problem with my Note 20 since the January update.

Same here. No solution and it's almost 2024.

Can you try enabling Nearby devices permission for Zoom, if you are using Android? Then, restart zoom app.

Nearby Devices has always been enabled in my Android Zoom app. In my case, I'm using bluetooth-enabled hearing aids and there is no option to play the sound to that device. It only uses the speaker on the phone. The hearing aids are connected for other apps (ie. the phone app, or the Whatsapp app), but they don't work in Zoom. 

Definitely not unique. Exact same issue for me and also for my partner. We've been trying and searching for months. Brand new Android phones with working and connected Bluetooth or USB, or Screencast. There's no way of having a different sound output device.

Seriously Zoom it's 2022!!! 

I've been having the same issue for a few months now, looks like this is a zoom issue that is being ignored?? I have a samsung s22 ultra, app is updated, bluetooth headphones are working with other apps on the phone except for zoom. When the bluetooth icon is selected, the sound still comes out of the phone's speaker, just at a lower volume. It's already june 2022, what is being done to fix this?

Rbbrbootz
Listener

I'm adding my voice to this as well.  There are no icons on ANY of our Android devices, Samsung S8+ and S21, Lenovo, Acer. The only option is Wifi.

LynTh
Listener

Hi Everyone -

I have contacted Zoom support who have advised me that no, there is no option to bluetooth when using the mobile app.  It just doesn't exist.  

Leonard from Zoom suggested that I leave feedback on let me provide you with this link https://zoom.us/feed

Apparently if they do that the Zoom team may look at it for the next update. 

I have done so.  It would be great if anyone else who is also affected by the lack of being able to Bluetooth to a speaker on their phone or tablet also left some feedback requesting that option.   I imagine the more of us who ask for it the more likely it will be to be added in the next update. 

Thanks everyone

Lyn

Not true. Or maybe not until recently. I have been using Bluetooth with my mobile app for a long time. Until recently it just stopped working and none of the fixes above work. Whatever was done to the app, it made it worse. 

Done. Thanks

MaxarAdam
Listener

I MAY HAVE FOUND A WORKAROUND/TEMPORARY FIX FOR THIS ISSUE UNTIL THEY PATCH IT!

Exact same issue as most here; I am able to switch audio source from phone speaker to the Bluetooth icon, but that just changes the audio from the louder speakerphone speaker over to the phone ear speaker (like you would need to hold the phone to your ear like a normal phone call). While the icon shows the Bluetooth icon, toggle your phone's Bluetooth off, wait a few seconds, then toggle back on. I did this during an active call and when my phone automatically repaired with my Bluetooth headphones the Zoom audio started playing through the headphones correctly. I'm no programmer or engineer, but I do work with them, and I have some speculation on the issue and the cause (PURE SPECULATION, POSSIBLY COMPLETELY INACCURATE):

- The issue seems to be that the Zoom app is unable to gain primary control of the BT device from another app that was using it. By disconnecting and reconnecting BT, once it reconnects there is no app currently using the BT device so Zoom is able to utilize it correctly.

- If the above proves to be false, then the cause of the issue (the bug/defect that Zoom team pushed out and now needs to fix so BT devices work normally again like they used to) might be related to the audio source button not iterating correctly through available devices for use. So when you press the button it is showing BT but using phone ear speaker instead. So it's only switching between phone loud speaker and phone ear speaker (defect 1) and the phone ear speaker option is showing the Bluetooth option when it should be showing the phone ear speaker option (defect 2). The fix would be that all devices would be iterated correctly so 3 would be available (phone ear speaker, phone loud speaker, and BT device), and each would correlate to the correct icon when selected (so 3 icons instead of 2).

Hope this helps anyone else experiencing this defect until they patch it.

Having this exact problem recently, however the BlueTooth reconnect trick doesn't work for me (Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung EarBuds).

Zoom has always worked fine prior to last week or so. Now cannot connect to Bluetooth in line with the above descriptions. It is definitely a Zoom software issue - no issues with the earbuds elsewhere.

I fully agree. BT worked properly with a neckband type Bluetooth device. However after I upgraded to a TWS, I am just not getting any audio through the Bluetooth headset.. Surprised that Zoom has not bothered to fix this basic big..