cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change Date Format to dd/mm/yyyy

dccharron1
Listener

Living in Australia, we use a Date Format of dd/mm/yyyy but when I try to change the Date Format on my profile, there is no such option. I know that Zoom is very specific to the USA but surely they would provide a way to set the Date Format since dd/mm/yyyy is commonly used in many other parts of the world, not just Australia. Any help would be appreciated.

26 REPLIES 26

dccharron1
Listener

Oops. I just spotted the "scroll bar" and used it to display all the other Date Formats including dd/mm/yyyy. Problem solved.

Your answer is not very helpful. Where did you change the date settings?

What scroll bar where? I have changed the date format in my profile but this has no impact on the Scheduling a meeting option.  It stays wuth the American format.  It didnt use to do this but for some reason it has begun to happen for all sheduled meetings

Orroroo
Listener

Like Ajp2 I have noticed that the scheduling has switched to US date format (very confusing for us non-Yanks).

My profile has the correct settings so I can only assume that one of the recent upgrades has "improved things worse".

How do we feed back to Zoom?

Jaz2022
Listener

Same problem. Why has the meeting scheduling not saved the UK date format????

Also can you re-instate the 15 min meeting time options - much easier than over writing.

cliverlong
Listener

Same again. It is possible to set the date format to dd/mm/yyyy and time to 24 hour format in zoom profile. However, schedule in the Windows desktop app completely ignores this and displays dates and times in US format - very confusing for everyone not in the US.

Same here in the Netherlands. I don't see a possibility to change the date format in the Windows app. I hope this will be fixed in a update: for example, that the adjustments in Zoom profile also work through in the Windows app.

Ajp2
Listener

I have had a reply from Zoom and they tried to identify the problem by me sending screen shots.  Thay have now stated that there is no solution to this problem if you are using the app which I am.  Changinf the profiloe does not affect the app.  Maybe you might like to contact them and air your views on this

Jaz2022
Listener

Just had a contact from Ajp2 saying that they werer told that the date format for the UK will not be changed. Why is it then that when I installed zoom over 2 years ago the date format was UK compatible and in the last 2 months it has changed to a firm US format. You therefore have the expertise to offer the UK format but obviously you're not bothered about serving the UK community. Why?

Tisha
Listener

The scroll menu with date options is to be found in the profile menue on the left side. 

KA54
Listener

That 's true of course. The point is that when I change the settings in the profile menu, in the app on the Windows PC the US way of writing the date doesn't change. So in my profile the way of noting the date is different from the app on the PC. (The same is with the time zone, the changes in the profile don't effect the choices in the app on the PC.)

anitac
Listener

This is highly unsatisfactory and very disorienting when zoom suddenly overrode my preferences for date formatting after an update. it may well be a deal-breaker for me!

Zoom quality control - please lift your game!

You can easily change the day/month/year in your personal PROFILE😀.

Cmorga24. Please read the replies to this thread. Changing the date format in zoom profile has no effect on its presentation in the application. 

anitac
Listener

Cmorga24 this reply is not helpful! I HAVE changed the format in my personal profile but this has no impact on the date format on the desktop app used for scheduling meetings. This is what many users are complaining about. The last thing we need is unnecessary confusion being created about the date of a meeting !!!!

agree, seeing the same thing now after a forced update. very poor.

I am having the same issue. I tried chat support, but they were unable to help. Date format does not change in the app, and the week format has changed, week commencing Sunday now, rather than Monday. My hope is they will change it back, but it's been a while now. 

KA54
Listener

This morning there was an update for the Zoom client. After that update the way the dates are shown in the client follow the way it is set in the online Profile. So that is a good thing!
The bad thing alas is, that the time zone in my online profile doesn't match with the the timezone in the client yet. 
So, staff members of Zoom, there is an improvement definitely, but more improvement is necessary.
Another thing is, that the time in the client doesn't run smoothly with the real time. It gets stuck the moment it is opened. Good luck and have a nice day!

That update didn't fix the issue for me...

peach61
Listener

I found it on the Zoom website under profile - there is an option under "Personal" to change the date format. 

But sadly, it only works on the website and not in the desktop or mobile applications.  Which genius at Zoom did this?

Alirat153
Listener

Yes I came here for the solution to this. This has only happened in the latest update. I am in New Zealand. Please fix this Zoom - it’s a big deal having date confusion when scheduling meetings!

peach61
Listener

Would you believe that, having submitted a ticket to Zoom asking them to fix this problem with the date format, I received a response from them saying they have "...added your request to our feature request list for our product development and engineering teams to consider for future development."  As if this is some fancy new feature that a random bunch of Zoom users are interested in!!  I have written back and said "it's not a feature request, it's a fix-the-problem-you-created request" but I have no doubt the AI at the other end of the conversation will struggle to grasp the problem. 

If you are affected by this date format change and you are a paid subscriber, PLEASE submit a ticket to Zoom asking them to fix the issue their latest update created. 

Alirat153
Listener

Zoom just trolled me with your reply!  Hey robot overlords!!! Pay attention please.

RogerThompson
Listener

I quite agree.  Any global product should support dd/mm/yyyy (which should probably be the default)- the nonsensical mm/dd/yyyy format is only used in the States.  I have tried setting it through my profile, but the schedule window ignores the selected format - which can be very confusing when the date is <=12.

MelodyMB
Listener

Has anyone had any luck with changing the date format yet? We are considering Zoom Events but not if it only supports US dates.