cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many hours of meetings can be stored in 5GB?

Parthe
Listener

Hi, I have a "Pro" Zoom account that comes with 5GB of cloud storage.  Does anyone have an idea how many hours of meetings this will hold? 

I don't know if the number of attendees makes a difference but if it does then please use an average of 12 attendees. 

I'm also curious about the transcript function that I've read about, but I'll do more research in to the first.

Thanks

Parthe

2 REPLIES 2

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Parthe 

It will change with the cloud recording settings and video complexity.
The following 6 files are recorded mainly.
・gallery view only recording
・speaker view only recording
・Screen share only recording
・Screen share + gallery view recording
・Screen sharing + speaker recording
・Audio-only recording

As is often the case with videos such as mp4, the file size varies greatly depending on video movement and resolution.
In my experience, a standard meeting is often a little over 1 GB per hour, if all files were recorded.

I think it would be possible to record more time by reducing the number of file types to be recorded.

Ohkawa_0-1658149159908.png

You don't have to worry about this or that.

If you actually record it, you'll see what I mean!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Parthe.  @Ohkawa‘s answer is pretty good, but I thought I’d jump in here with a couple more things. 

First, if you go over your space allocation, your recordings will continue to record, and as long as you download them immediately (usually within 3-4 hours) and “delete” them (they’ll go in the trash, where they’ll sit fit 30 days), Zoom won’t charge you for any over-usage, in my experience. 

If you have a DropBox account, you can link it to your Zoom account, and DropBox will automatically copy all the video files over for you. It doesn’t get the ISO/individual audio files, and I’ve not yet seen it copy over the transcript file, but it’ll do the “heavy lifting” of the big stuff. 

Hope that also helps. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !