cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long are the meetings that you join?

BlakeWildfong
Listener

Hello,

I'm aware that Basic users are limited to 40-minute calls that they host. Is this the same if you JOIN a meeting, that you DIDN'T host?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @BlakeWildfong,

Any Meetings that you join are governed by the type of account that meeting host has.  For those hosted by paid accounts, meetings can be up to 30 hours — and you can attend the entire meeting!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @BlakeWildfong,

Any Meetings that you join are governed by the type of account that meeting host has.  For those hosted by paid accounts, meetings can be up to 30 hours — and you can attend the entire meeting!

Ray please what do you mean by Old desert lizard.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @Eagle01 – welcome to the Zoom Community!

Old Desert Lizard is the moniker I use when I’m playing online games and certain social things like Discord and Twitch.

• Old: I wrote my first computer program on punched cards in 1970 in FORTRAN. 
  • Desert: I’ve lived in the Arizona desert since the mid 80s
  • Lizard: Just seemed appropriate for being in the desert. 

Let's say I have several hundred Zoom conferencing rooms at my company. A lot of users like to start a meeting from the room and then forget to end it. Is there a way to set a time limit on how long the room can stay active? We have to go to the Zoom dashboard and end the meetings one by one, which takes a long time.

BlakeWildfong
Listener

Thank you, @Ray_Harwood. That's all I needed to know, as I have an acting audition via Zoom this Saturday, and they said the audition is two hours. So I have nothing to worry about. Have a great night.